Economy

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlesteppers

Reaction score
I truly believe the economy is making a turn to the up. I was a few times in Walmart last week, and there where long lines and full buggies..Since gas came down so hard I do believe people gonna spend more on "stuff"

I also do believe that gas prices are a BIG part of this mess..if you need gas to go to work and it cost an arm and a eg..you have a much bigger chance to NOT making your mortgage payment..

I hope so. They were saying on Fox this am, that some believe this time to be the beginning of a bad economy, others believe it is actually an ending to a bad economy and/or beginning of an improved economy. I sure hope the later.

Last edited by a moderator:
I sure hope it is! We signed contracts this monring for new windows for the whole house..and there's a BUTTLOAD of windows in this house! It's not an indulgence, this house is 35 years old and it's costing a FORTUNE to heat. We will recoup our expense (we hope) in just a few years, especially supplementing our propane furnace by heating with wood too. I wished we had about $50,000.00 to throw into the market a few days ago though when it was just over 8100
default_sad.png

I may be somewhat pessismistic, but I do not think the economy is getting better.

Every day, analysts fear the credit system is closer to collapsing, especially given that the billions that the government loaned out are not being used how the government intended. Banks are still refusing to loan out money, and are actually stricter on standards today than they were four months ago.

Wall Street continues to jump up and down hysterically every day. Everyone breathes a sigh of relief when it goes back up, but the truth is, we have not seen such dramatic (10%+) ups and downs since the Great Depression.

The only nice thing going right now is gas prices, and they are not dropping because of the economy, but because of a normal cycle that occurs when its not yet time to push winter blends, and hurricane season is over, ending the threat on seaside rigs. Maybe you don't remember, but after Hurricane Katrina ended, we had one of the largest gas price drops in history.

I'm big into care of finances, debt resolution, etc, and nothing I'm reading from any trustworthy sources expects an upswing in the economy. You can take it or leave it, of course, its just my two cents.

i hate to say i agree with triedandtrue. things wont stay good for long. gas will go up and things will get worse than they were before . but one day long as people dont give up on doing things becasue of the Economy is down then it will come back, one day .

Banks are still refusing to loan out money,
They were talking about this on TV just the other day (yesterday?). The newscaster said why in the world were the banks given the money with no agreement to do with it what it was intended for????? Sure wish somebody had thought to mention that to the geniuses in Washington because it's pretty obvious they don't have enough intelligence to place conditions on handing someone millions of dollars. DUHHHHH

Personally I'd like to see them ALL kicked out of office! I decided weeks ago that I will NOT vote any incumbent back in office.

7,000 people world-wide laid off today by American Express. Not sounding like it's getting better yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back