Ebola in the US

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just the usual ones required when going TDY out of the country.

(Boy, I surely do miss the 'like' button!) TV news reporting that the Deputy tested NEGATIVE for ebola...thank goodness! I agree FULLY about the quarantine being a full 21 days from when the others living in that apartment were removed from it, because it wasn't begun to be decontaminated until that time. I don't believe for a moment that the 'girlfriend' had no intimate personal contact with the man, esp. given the circumstances. I am waiting for the lawsuit to be filed, too.

Sorry but I dont believe one word we are being fed by the CDC or anyone on this- I am SO SICK of hearing 'oh dont worry'. You will not get it. The chances are about nill and we can control this. Then in the same newscast 5 minutes later, I hear that someone reported terrorists coming through the open border in TX- oh dont worry- the chances of that happening is just ridiculous. Everyone is so busy denying stuff and burying their heads in the sand............ I cant stand watching any news anymore. Liberia and the other countries in this epidemic should be CLOSED with no one leaving there until the crisis is over. They can send medications over there and get treatment there. How many other people leaving there have lied about what they have been exposed to? Now there is a patient in Nebraska? They euthanized the dog that belonged to the person in Spain because dogs can carry it- as can other animals. But dont worry, it wont spread. I dont think 21 days is long enough for quarantine in my opinion!

I fully agree with everything said. Leaving the ebola based country should be stopped until they can control the epidemic. I am livid that we keep receiving people from there because of their/our laxed security measures. And just think....soon our soldiers will be going over there and then coming back, after being exposed and becoming possible carriers. It is time to lock down and protect our country.

I read a study from the 90s, of an ebola survivor. They continued monitoring him for months after he recovered. There were still traces of ebola in his semen six months after he recovered and was no longer "contagious".

The 'not airborne' thing really gets me. Seriously? The virus is in saliva--so there has to be a certain amount of airborne virus when a victim coughs or sneezes--and that is airborne enough IMO.

I've somewhat quit listening to the ebola news. It's too scary. I think CDC should enact a quarantine.

I think it's being mishandled for both financial/political interests.

Our bureaucrats are stuck in the middle; if they enact an unneeded quarantine, they're going to get slaughtered in the media, and if they don't take action, and we all die, then they'll still get smacked around.

I'm wondering whether I should buy a respirator to stick on the husband's face before I send him out in the world in the morning.

Why in the heck are we sending troops into a ebola hotzone.

Weaken our military? Spread ebola more? What do soldiers know about handling this virus?

Have you seen the bumper stickers popping up? OBOLA. Think folks are thinking our government should be doing more? Or maybe there is so much more of a darker reason behind the absurd way this is being handled. When something goes so far beyond common sense... it usually has deeper meaning.

Anyone who has children in school right now that have contact with countless students daily should be nervous. There is also another virus storming the US that attacks children... causes asthma... has a side effect of paralysis.

Hey Carriage, I read somewhere on alternate news that so far this virus is only attacking children who have been vaccinated. that would be another story all together.

We aren't in Kansas anymore and the man behind the curtain is scary.

Just heard last night a woman on a Delta flight (I didn't hear where it was coming from or going to, it may not have even been Delta, I was turning the radio on near the end of it). At any rate she had recently been to west Africa and she threw up on the plane, it was being quarantined last I heard. Then the station went into the incident in Virginia in the late eighties, the Monkey house. The Ebola the monkeys had mutated and became airborne. Scary scary stuff.

Apparently the soldiers are over there building field hospitals. I read one group is already there, has been for over a week, but as of a week ago they were delayed in starting on the field hospital because of torrential rain.

One internet site a day or two ago was calling for volunteers--doctors and nurses--to go over to help treat the patients, because they are so short of medical staff there, and that is one reason it cannot be contained...I just cannot imagine volunteering for that job, even if I were in the medical field. Not my thing at all.

I have been a question factory, on three shifts of overtime my entire life. The quietly asked question reveals much to the asker and hopefully will engage the questionee towards truth.

Refusal to answer questions is always a red flag for me. It tells me much. When I asked specifically about OHSU's preparation, I already knew the answer and was hoping that the exploration of the answer would clearly show how meager these preparations are because the answers to the follow-up questions would have painted the picture in reality. The answer is, Ain't no freaking way. Just like the "fdic" being able to insure and protect all deposits, ain't no freaking way. Last I checked a few years ago, it was maybe,............... 3%. Yer bank didn't tell you that did they?

Saw a vid this a.m. with a very pretty lady laying out all the issue's with gov in about one minute. She did an excellent synopsis job. One point she made was key and known to us who love our country and have an accurate historical picture. "You can't vote for your rights, you MUST fight for them". The thief will never voluntarily just give you back your stuff. YOU must go and TAKE your stuff back. Further the thief must be made to know that you will risk everything to take it (All of your rights AND your leadership) back.

Freedom and Liberty have nothing to do with "parties". Now George Washington clearly WARNED us against and away from parties as they are the easiest means for division.

Ah dang, I got involved again, sorry,

Bb

Now I DO hope that containment is possible here, now that they have violated those protocols.

Bb, "like" and applause". Gotta admire your diligence. Just read through posts #1 through posts #93. It was like reading the script for a play. The Carriage character has integrity, common sense, intelligence, coupled with both wisdom and knowledge. The way I read it, we have gone through Act 1 and Act 2 of the script. I believe it has already been mentioned of life imitating art which is the very reason I do not watch zombie movies. If we cease to be a Republic we are a Nation of Zombies. Right now I am listening to Dr. Group talk about pandemic virus and our soldiers being sent to countries where the virus is prevalent to train for medical martial law.

The plane that was detained yesterday was in Las Vegas. I had a friend at the airport at the time who posted about it before the news got a hold of it. She had left the airport before it was resolved, so I'm not sure what happened.
default_sad.png

My prayer is for your friend Destiny!

Wise Miss Vickie is precisely right as to the real purpose of our troops being there. While the o has made a dedicated effort to PURGE our military of Patriots in leadership positions, STILL a full 90% do not agree with him or his policies. How dangerous does it then become for the o and attendant minions to then put our FIGHTING forces into a pandemic hotspot? Stay tuned........ Why, I mean, it might make one of them FIGHTERS refuse an unlawful order and then................ others. Now that is a pandemic LONG over due and I would welcome it.

If they do, I've got their six.

When I asked specifically about OHSU's preparation, I already knew the answer and was hoping that the exploration of the answer would clearly show how meager these preparations are because the answers to the follow-up questions would have painted the picture in reality.
Bob,

I have to apologize for missing your question when you posted it. I just now hunted down the post to which you referred.

I'll call on Monday and get the answer to your question. Simple enough for anyone to do, but I'll use what meager connections I have to get the info.

I would most definitely volunteer to go help in Africa if I could. Unfortunately, when I've previously volunteered in other situations, I was rejected due to my health and vision. If or when OHSU begins to take in Ebola patients, I will help in whatever way I can.

Last edited by a moderator:
I admire you Susanne! I just am not brave enough to volunteer to help with something like this. Mind you--I would make a horrible doctor/nurse under the best of circumstances. Not my calling at all. I know my limitations that way.

I heard that, too, Sonya.

It feels like from the get-go, it's not being managed as well as it could be when it comes to limiting the US exposure.

Latest posts

Back