Ebola in the US

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah yes Miss Vickie, Lil billy IS a eugenicist.

As to running and hiding, don't recall anybody saying this. My DNA is to help all I can INCLUDING giving them the reality scoop.

OHSU like any other hospital can easily be overrun "Should" it make it to the Northwest. We know this, because it is happening.

Treating in place has been the rule. There was ZERO reason to import this, unless,................. Treating in place and containment is the ONLY sure way to keep it from "coming to the Northwest".

Those of us telling the truth about this are NOT UN-compassionate but rather the very picture of compassion in that we warn our fellow country men. Seems to me that the un-compassionate are yer leaders who aren't telling you the truth and literally don't give two flying flips about you.

Bb

Please excuse me, I do not have a college education and several of these responses are way over my head. What is wrong with Bill GAtes? He just donated 50 million dollars to help fight this. Is there really a hospital over run with ebola? Haven't heard a thing on the local or world news, but then again I've been spending most of my time in the hospital with a relative. I did hear about the man in Texas and then one today in Hawaii, sorry for the spelling. The man in Texas should have been tested at the first hosptial he went to as he told them he had traveled from Africa, big mistake on the hospitals part. As for vaccines, thank God we have them! When I was a child my friends were dieing and being paralized with polio, the kid down the street died from whooping cough, the list goes on and on. I had to spend weeks in bed, in quarenteen, with measles that had gotten in my eyes, so glad my grandchildren don't have to endure this mess.

Riverrose--the report I heard said the Texas man did not tell the first hospital that he had just travelled from Liberia. So--not sure what is correct there.

I agree with you on vaccines--they have helped prevent disease for many people.

Call me puzzled....which US hospital has been
overrun? "it is happening"?

Again, nobody said an American hosp. has been overrun. They are however in no fewer than 2 African countries.

Gotcha.

I guess I have some confidence that our hospitals here in North America are a little better at hygiene and containment than those in western Africa. I personally would not compare the two.

Apparently the FX patient told a nurse--who did not pass the info on--that he had been in Liberia. I am surprised that he did not tell anyone else who examined him....especially since while in Liberia he transported an Ebola patient to the hospital and back then carried her into her home...my goodness, did it not occur to him that he was at high risk even before he travelled to the US, and before he became ill.

I hope hospitals and clinics everywhere now start asking patients if they have travelled to Africa or been in contact with anyone who has recently been in Africa. Travelers should, IMO, be checked for fever as well as be ASKED if they have had contact with any ill person while in Africa. If answer is yes--an automatic 21 day quarantine for that traveller.

Travelers should, IMO, be checked for fever as well as be ASKED if they have had contact with any ill person while in Africa. If answer is yes--an automatic 21 day quarantine for that traveller.

Well, there ya go. I agree. So,....... Why hasn't even that been done?

Wonder how many beds OHSU has dedicated for this purpose? How many usable square feet have been dedicated to this quarantine area? I am VERY glad that they have done this, but still wonder.

Bb

Last edited by a moderator:
If you thought you had this disease and were still in Africa, would you be truthful and 'tell all?' IF they can get to the US they have a much better chance on living.

Pam

Riverrose, my college hours are minimal. I stay abreast of what is happening because of being in the family of mankind. If you will keyword eugenics or depopulation you will get an array of articles. At a time when evil is seen as good so often and evil is rewarded as good I find myself making less and less effort to convince anyone to see things as I see them. Along with Gates, you will discover articles about Ted Turner, Bilderberg, Goldman Sachs, etc. If you can find a Dave Hodges article at thecommonsenseshow.com The Elite's Flawed Depopulation Agenda Is Quickly Morphing Into Genocide would be worth the read as it discusses Ebola.

They did ASK him and he lied. He will be prosecuted in his home country.

If you thought you had this disease and were still in Africa, would you be truthful and 'tell all?' IF they can get to the US they have a much better chance on living.

Pam

Yes Miss Pam, I would be truthful because I am. Would you murder to save your own skin?

Miss Vickie, Yes ALL of this information is available to all who really want to know. There is no stomach for truth anymore and "good and bad" ARE so often reversed. The watchman have grown incredibly weary. Perhaps it is the time to watch it happen as all of the messengers have been roundly and rudely ignored and refused. This thought has been playing through for a while now, perhaps it is time to follow it.

The man in Texas passed away. God bless him and all the people in contact with this horrible illness past and future.

IMO, the evolving situation with Ebola in the USA illustrates the consequences of political correctness running amuck.

What floors me is the family complaining that the guy did not get the best of care (i.e. the same experimental drugs) that Dr. Brantley got. In the first place--they say there is no ZMapp at this point in time. If there is none, there is none. In the second place--he LIED in order to get out of Liberia and into the US. Did he hope that if he did get sick he would get better care here ? Or was he just so set in coming here that it didn't cross his mind that he had been exposed and was possibly going to get sick? I'd say he was lucky to get treated at all. American citizens are being shipped home for treatment. Perhaps he too should have been shipped home for treatment, rather than being hospitalized here.

Sorry if that sounds harsh or unfeeling...I guess I am just tired of the sense of entitlement his family seems to have. I was very disgusted that just a few days into their quarantine they were complaining about being confined, and they wanted to be allowed out and about.

From what I heard, the family was living in the home until last week when they were moved to another (larger) home. They say their quarantine is up next week. Wouldnt there still be a risk each day for them to contract it until they left their apartment? Why didn't their quarantine time start from the day that they were removed from the danger zone, that way they are 21 days healthy after leaving possible contamination behind? What happens if they touched something the day they were leaving, and next week they come down with the symptoms?

I said the same thing. How could they be in the "contaminated" apartment, yet have their quarantine end 21 days from when he was taken to hospital?

And one article I read sad that the one woman (his girlfriend's daughter who lives elsewhere) had been looking after him after he got sick--and yet she was allowed to go home & was not in quarantine. How can that be? And she was rather upset that her daughter's babysitter told her to take the child home & keep her away.

The girlfriend of the infected man insisted that she had no contact with him nor with any of his bodily fluids, so she could not possibly be exposed.

Has there been any word on the condition of the ill deputy? Any word on his ebola test results?

I was wondering the same thing about the deputy. If he did get it that easily, there's no way they can be considered safe so early.

Civilian co-workers of mine are going to have to deploy to Liberia for logistical support. They have no choice since they signed an agreement to deploy when they accepted their positions. They are going through the required physicals right now and getting "shots."

Latest posts

Back