EAU CLAIRE MINIATURE AUCTION CANCELLED!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

painthorse61

Reaction score
default_sad.png
Hi, I just got off the phone with the sales manager for the Eau Claire auction and he told me the sale in May is cancelled and that there will be no further sales! He said he has lost money on the sales for the past three years and he just can't justify continuing them. He said he had tried to get some other people to take it over but nobody he talked to was willing to take it on. This is not good! It has been a good sales option for breeders in this area. Now the closest sale is the I-90 sale! (which is quite a drive for me and others) He sounded as if he would be willing to work with anybody who was interested in taking the sales over to help them learn what all needs to be done to set up and run it. I thought maybe a group of people, or a nearby Miniature horse club would be interested, and they could do fundraisers to help with the expenses. This way if the sale did lose some money the loss would be divided up by a few more people, it might not be so hard to absorb the loss. He told me the sale costs about $3500 to organize/run each time. Please pass this information on to any groups/clubs in your areas. Maybe someone or a group of us would be willing to take on the responsibility. I have the contact information for the sales manager also if you know of anybody interested in possibly doing it! Just email me and I will get the information to you. :saludando:

I can understand why this was cancelled. There were several horses going thru but they did not sell for alot, most under $200.00. It would be hard to make a profit off of that. I will miss this sale though. It was always good for meeting up with friends. My mom and I got a gorgeous palomino mare last fall.

It is unfortunate, that was a fun get-together. I can see why it happened though. If anyone finds out anything, let me know how we can help get this up and running again.

Latest posts

Back