Early Partial Body Clips on SockIt & Possum!! WOW!!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MyBarakah

Reaction score
default_saludando.gif
Hi Guys! Well..... I have my boys & broodmares over at my new place STILL have to get the young girls all over to my place yet and can't even think about doing any kind of clip on them til' they come over. But the boys are all in stalls now and can monitor & blanket them..... and wanted to see how they were body condition for show season! To my liking..... I'm VERY HAPPY!!!!!!! I wasn't planning on showing SockIt this year..... was going to wait til' next year when I was driving him...... BUT.... um...... I REALLY LIKE what I'm seeing...... SockIt (Erica's Sock It To Me)
default_wub.png
Is 2 this year and currently 32.5" tall maybe a hair under that.... (depends who's measuring him).... but I think he looks great "considering" he's been out ALL winter with the broodmares eating free choice grass hay with alfalfa! So the only thing that really needs some warm weather and a couple months is his neck & throat latch area.... but that is all my fault for letting him have free range to all the grass hay he wanted.....but was short on space this winter and that's where he had to go..... But LOVE my "love bug"!!!!!
default_wub.png
And he's NOT going ANY WHERE!!!! Things have been stressful financially here.......but NOPE....... SockIt's not going ANY WHERE!!!!! My mind's made up!!
default_yes.gif
He's going to make a great versatily horse and all-around horse I think! And looking back at his pictures last year compared to this year..... I am REALLY likeing how he's matured out!! And he has just such a neat presence about him.....

SockIt1March2809.jpg

SockIt4March2809.jpg

SockIt2March2809.jpg

Next is my other little bitty love bug!
default_wub.png
I'm going to have to go back on my website and do some updating! My friend Sara came over and helped take photos of these guys and am SUPER impressed with this little guy. He "easily" measures 27.5" and maybe a bit under that! He's a sorrel with a flaxen mane & tail but looks like a silver dapple clipped. He's not my favorite color.....but WOWZER......... I am LIKING this guy a WHOLE bunch! And he has THEE dantiest little dishy head! He's wearing a X-Small show halter! For being a little bitty guy..... I love the way he's put together!! And he's AMHA Futurity Nominate! His reg. name's Brookhaven Secrets Rhedd Butler "aka" Possum. I think I may just have to show this guy this year!! I want to get him to the World SHow. I think he'd be a great AOTE horse??? Maybe??? At least in the Furtity?? What do you guys think??

Possum11March2809.jpg

Possum3March2809.jpg

Possum4March2809.jpg

Possum8March2809.jpg

Possum2March2809.jpg

Thanks for letting me share!!
default_biggrin.png

Chesa,

I love them both, but you know me and tiny ones...Possum is to DIE for!!!
default_wub.png

Possum is absolutely STUNNING! And, I believe this "Sorrel w/flaxen" guy is actually a Silver Bay.
default_wink.png
They always clip out from their winter coats to look Silver Dapple underneith. I believe this is because Bay is a base-black color & they usually are very dark (near black) next to the skin, under that winter red coat. Since Silver affects black, it changes the dark part of their coat to look Silver Dapple when you clip them. The red hair WILL return tho, when it grows back in.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Guys!! This a.m. Possum got a new co-owner!! Joylee123 (who's on here!)... I'm SO excited!! And I agree with Dona, I think Possum is a Silver Bay...... Either way he could be purple and be very nice... especially for a little bitty guy!

And I am just loveing SockIt too! Can't wait to get my girls over here to get started clipping on them!!!Thanks all for the nice comments!!!
default_wub.png

Two BEAUTIFUL boys!!!
default_wub.png
SockIt looks great for being on free choice hay!
default_aktion033.gif

Just wondering, did you choose SockIt's Bridle Path length? It does not look bad, but it is more then I'm used to seeing. I've seen many "Oops" like that, but on him, it is kind of flattering, so now I'm wondering if your just like long bridle paths or really did make an "oops"... Cause either way, it works
default_laugh.png

If I had a horse like SockIt, I don't think he'd be leaving my barn either!
default_new_shocked.gif
Good lord, those boys are both lovely.
default_wub.png

Leia

Oh my goodness, I can see why you are so excited!!! They are both total knockouts!!
default_aktion033.gif

They both look great, but SockIT looks awesome I think......maybe because he reminds me so much of his 'big' sis - Knocker, they could just about be dead ringers just different base colors....
default_wub.png

SockIT has a new baby brother as of Friday too.....but I'll let Steph tell about him later.....

default_saludando.gif
Hi Erica!! Thanks SO MUCH for the compliment on SockIt! I would be LOST with out him!
default_wub.png
There's NOOOOO way he is ever leaving!!! I am REALLLLLLLY likeing how he's matured out this year! He just keeps getting better & better!
default_biggrin.png
Oh....... I can't wait to see pictures of Sockit's little brother!!!!
default_wub.png

I just can't wait til' SockIt's a 3 yr.old and can do the all-around events with him!! He's has such a presence about him!! And I will be AMHA Futurity nominating him to when I do breed him (probally this year to a few lucky ladies!
default_wub.png
)........ And of course will also be AMHR Futurity nominated.

And midnight star.... I have his mane clipped back that far on purpose..... for one he has a VERY thick mane & tail... and you will see it more showing A's (I think) than R.........but you will see if clipped back farther I think in the A's..... (showing) but I like I clipped back farther, just gives a GREAT view of thier neck and that mane doesn't get in the way of showing off his neck! ANd I LOVE his neck!! I just love him period!! Can't wait for SockIt babies!
default_biggrin.png
The one I SOOOOOOO pray to get a foal out of SockIt is my Silver Mist mare, aka "Grandma" who's had several world Champions and is 21 this year..... I pray for one more baby or two out of her! Shes' a GORGEOUS mare even at 21! I also like the little guy Possum too.... Can NOT complain!
default_biggrin.png

Beautiful, Chesa! I think you should definitely show Possum, I think he is gorgeous. And Sockit definitely fits the bill for an all-around guy. I think you've got some good ones there!

Latest posts

Back