e-readers

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another cool thing (or annoying thing, depending on what you like) is that you occasionally receive offers just for kindle users on your kindle fire. I got a Keurig and 40 k-cups for $20 the other day as an offer for just kindle users
default_thumbup.gif

I wanted to get H a tablet for his birthday (the 26th of this month... but I already gave him the present since I can't ever keep a secret). I was looking at tablets that would do what he would use it for, and I kept coming up with a Kindle Fire HD thing being the best value. I need a tablet that has different ways to put things on the flat screen and an option for a key board, bigger screen for passing back and forth in meetings, etc., but H will just play games, look up things online, and maybe read a little (less than I wish LOL!).

So, I got him one of the bigger Kindle Fire HD's and it arrived on Friday. I set it up and loaded it with stuff I thought he'd enjoy and was really happy to see how easy it was to set up and that because I ordered it, it had on "his" cloud all the Audible audio books I ever bought. Also every Kindle edition of a book I've bought (a few for business and some magazines). LOVE it!!! It is really a good value for the money IMO and H is having a blast playing with it
default_biggrin.png

Kindle fires are great. I got one of the first ones, not HD or anything and I love it. I put some favorite movies on it, downloaded scrabble and a few games and lots of books. It is great to use when waiting for anything. I admit to making some family members laugh when I carry it into the bathroom for some fast news reading. Very handy. I bought my zip cover at walmart and it works good to keep it padded and protected and to give me a decent grip so I don't drop it.

good choice. I really love being able to preview books before I buy them. I have had many books that sounded good from reading the dust cover only to decide not to buy after reading the sample download. Very nice feature.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back