DVD & computer help needed

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charlotte

Reaction score
Hi all. I've JUST figured out how to transfer video from my VHS tapes to DVD. The resulting DVDs play just fine in the DVD thingy (TV), but when I put the disc in my computer DVD player I get a nessage that says to 'insert a disc into the DVD player'. The puter doesn't recongize the DVD.

Any ideas? I have awesome video of one of my mares for sale and am looking for a way to get the file in my computer.

Any help VERY appreciated!

Charlotte

Are you possitive you recorded on a DVD disk and not a CD?

If not, then try recording it again because your DVD disk may have been corrupted

OR.....

I have stupid Nero Vison which I hate and its a pain and does things like that on occasion

You might have to burn your DVD to CD and then try it

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh Marty, thank you for your suggestions.

Yes, I did record to a DVD. But I didn't think about the disc being faulty or corrupted. I'll try another one.

this computer has several different programs for video. One of those is Nero Start Smart then I have Windows media player and Real player. I KNOW NOTHING About computers and programs so it's all Greek to me!
default_laugh.png

I would love to burn this DVD to a CD since I seem to be able to work with them a little better, but if I can't open the file???? And I have NO CLUE how to do that!
default_laugh.png

One of my programs...I think Windows Media player shows the first picture of the video but it won't play it. Grrrrrrrr!

I think I'll go out and clean stalls before I kick this puter!

C

Charlotte...this is a long shot...but is your hard drive actually reading your DVD? I had to replace my DVD hard drive a couple of weeks ago because it was not reading my discs. Take a look at it...and make sure also you're putting the DVD into the correct hard drive. The DVD one will have "DVD" written on it and on my tower it's the top one.

I too have been working on DVD's and movies...does your computer have the program Movie Maker? That's what I used to edit before taking it to Roxio and actually burning the DVD. I also got Nero with the new hard drive and am going to take a look into that and see what that program is all about.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back