Dunalino & Dunskins?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been so lazy about color testing. I think this mare LOOKS dunalino (palomino + dun), but I think she may actually be a light silver bay dun. ONE of these days, I'll pull her hair and find out for sure.

[SIZE=14pt]Harmony Hill’s Harvest Gold[/SIZE]

Goldie%20--%2007012006%20--%20034.jpg

Goldie%20--%20Horses%20and%20Dogs%20--%2009302005%20011.jpg

kim%20goldie.jpg

(my friend, CKC / Kim, her former owner, is driving her)

Goldie%20--%20Horses%20at%20Home%20--%2010022005%20--%20087.jpg

Goldie%20--%20Horses%20at%20Home%20--%2010022005%20--%20089.jpg

This is our buckskin 35" stallion. He's got a really wide dorsal stripe.

qu003.jpg

You can see his dorsal stripe here

scan0003-3.jpg

Oh, I forgot. We have a dunalino Quarter horse broodmare, but I can't find any pictures of her..

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's my Ghost!

Palomino + Dun and also Overo of some sort.

stripeyghostsmall.jpg

Ghost017.jpg

lilGhostieButtcrop.jpg

wholeherd035.jpg

she's got leg stripes too, if I could just get a picture to show them.

Cool! Thanks so much for the pics!

Jill~ I LOVE your mare

Love Casper~ My guess is that Ghost is a Splash (near bald face) But she also could easily be Frame, Very pretty!

yeah I know that she carries Sabino and Splash from her face markings and of course I couldn't tell without a test, but I'm willing to bet she's frame as well.

A friend of mine has a dunalino colt that she showed at Nationals this year. I'll see if I can get some pics of him. He is a cremello with a dorsal stripe, gold points on his legs and "gold" hooves. Very neat looking! This is a tiny one I have.

audi.jpg

A friend of mine has a dunalino colt that she showed at Nationals this year. I'll see if I can get some pics of him. He is a cremello with a dorsal stripe, gold points on his legs and "gold" hooves. Very neat looking! This is a tiny one I have.

audi.jpg
Would this not be a perlino..?

My Nitro is marked similar, only much lighter. I had just assumed that that was a colour trate tho... Like bays can be different shades.. or???

Impossible to tell without a microscope!!

Alex, I love "Ghost" but I very much doubt she is Cream base.

I would lay money (and I do NOT bet) that she is a Silver Bay + Splash- she is not Palomino- that much is for sure.

She is lovely- I know you had a horrendous experience with her foal but she is a mare worth breeding!!

This is Rabbit, Red Dun + Flaxen + minimal Sabino (roan ticking only)

1402263_43.jpg

This is Bliss (A Rabbit daughter)who is a Dunalino- proven by breeding.

Bliss5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
that little pic could be a perlino dun.

im a horse color fanatic as i do model horse portrature
default_smile.png

im actually pretty much positive that he is a perlino dun. which is basicaly a perlino with dun characteristics. If you look up the Stallion El Barroco you can see some realy good pics of a perlino dun

Latest posts

Back