Drving clothes

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That depends on a whole bunch of factors - what type of show (AMHA/AMHR, Pinto show, ADS event, etc) and what level (local, regional, national) and what time of day! Can be anything from nice, clean jeans and a shirt to the specific requirements for ADS (apron, brown gloves, etc) to formal evening wear! What type of shows are you planning to enter?

For AMHA/AMHR Showing, afternoon classes usually call for a nice summer dress, or a jacket with slacks. A hat is optional, but a nice touch. But you can wear more formal wear also. Evening classes are formal - evening wear with sparkles. Nothing strapless!!! That will get you DQ'd. No open toed shoes. I usually try to slide by with tennies in my show cart, but if a certain judge is in charge I make sure I have dress boots!!!! She WILL check!

For men a dress shirt and slacks in the afternoon, a jacket can also be worn, as well as hat. , suit in the evening. Tux at nationals/Worlds

If you plan to wear a nice skirt or dress, you might consider wearing something underneath just in case you get dumped! I have been known to pull on a long skirt over my show pants.

I know I am in the minority, but I ALWAYS wear my helmet, so don't think you can't do that. I have a cover for it and have been known to dress it up.

Nothing strapless!!! That will get you DQ'd.
REALLY??? Is this an A or an R (or both) thing? I KNOW that I have seen at least one woman wear a strapless dress in a driving class at a (fair sized) A show and she did not get disqualified. I would love to know more about this "rule".

Nothing strapless!!! That will get you DQ'd.
REALLY??? Is this an A or an R (or both) thing? I KNOW that I have seen at least one woman wear a strapless dress in a driving class at a (fair sized) A show and she did not get disqualified. I would love to know more about this "rule".
The AMHR rulebook states under the Driving Division rules "NO strapless dresses in any driving class"

I have a black AMHR horse, and drove him in Pleasure classes in ADS and some local shows. I wore a long A-line gray skirt ,with a white blouse tucked in , a show bow in black and black gloves, or an English black understated hat, black lace up boots. The focus was on the horse not me , but I looked clean neat and tidy... dont forget the smile,

Latest posts

Back