Driving Trial at Old Bell Farm

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MiLo Minis

Reaction score
forum member, Eve Dexter of Old Bell Farm, for a great day!!!! It was a hot and sunny day but everyone had a wonderful time. There was a full turnout of horses and we even had a team! Carolyn Aarup took first place overall. Melissa Hastings, driving Maple Mountain's Dusty Lane Vegas Up In Smoke, took 3rd overall and MiLo's Willie Be Good, also of Maple Mountain, took 4th place overall. I am not sure of the other placings but hopefully they will be here to report themselves and maybe have more pictures. You can also visit the MHCO website for the actual times and scores. Traximages were there to photograph the day as well so you can take a look at www.traximages.ca

I was so proud of our little Smore (Vegas Up In Smoke). She has only been driving for a little over a month and she handled this, her very first event, like a pro!!! Melissa did a great job handling her and she took 3rd in dressage.

Willie took first in cones after giving me a blistering performance which Eve tells me was half the time of anyone else. He still has it for an old guy :bgrin Here he is tackling the water hazard on the marathon in a picture that forum member Yvonne Mangan took and sent me.

DSC00545.jpg

Thank you Eve for all your hard work and effort - you are a wonderful person to have given us this day.

That sounds like soooo much fun!

Would have loved to have been there!

JJay

Now I know you 4H girls have something to report on the weekend! Where are you?

Now I know you 4H girls have something to report on the weekend! Where are you?
default_wub.png
:

I made a Topic on the main forum about our day
default_smile.png
But briefly it was AMAZING wee manw as AMAZING and Im so happy with him . He did everything I could ask of him what more could I really want? Also thanks Lori so much for the harness to use
default_wub.png
: I REALLY appreciate it!!!! Willie looked awesome he is quite the CDE horse ( And Man can he move!) and Smore did SO good too!!!
default_smile.png
Congrats on your placings.!

Heres a Photo I posted a few on my topic
default_yes.gif
:

weemandressage.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow sounds like you guys had loads of fun!!Wish i could have been there but glad you took pictures!!!

Hey Lori! Wasn't that the best weekend? :aktion033:

A different type of event from showing....more ways to enjoy a mini!
default_yes.gif
:

A huge "Hats Off!" to all involved...especially Eve Dexter who provided everything.

Right down to the banana boats & smores for the campout bonfire Sat nite YUM!

I know some 4-H'ers who are completely hooked thanks to Eve's efforts &

Kevin was much more than just a judge.....he has even offered to teach the 4-H'ers!

Oh that would be soooo fun!!! Congratulations to everyone!

How old is Willie now, Lori? I bet he's happy to be back to work, he's too good to retire this early!

Oh that would be soooo fun!!! Congratulations to everyone!

How old is Willie now, Lori? I bet he's happy to be back to work, he's too good to retire this early!
The old man is 19 this year and still has it! I got him some stuff called hyaluronic acid for his hocks and he is a colt all over again!!! Fit as a fiddle (12k daily) and happy as a lark to be showing again. You should have seen him come off the trailer letting everyone know he was returning home as a winner!!! :bgrin

Devon and the rest of the 4h did a great job on the weekend and should all be very proud of themselves!

:aktion033: Congrats to all who competed yesterday, I was there as a spectator and the horses and drivers did an awesome job :aktion033: :bgrin I can't wait to get driving, I want to be there next year, yesterday really got me excited :bgrin

Yvonne

Congratulations to everyone who competed! I'm still chasing down all the threads on this but wanted to say good job. :aktion033: Sadly it doesn't look like your professional pictures are up yet any more than ours from Happ's are. I can't wait!

Leia

It really was an awesome day. My little 29.5" mare, who is also 19 this year, placed 2nd in the event highlighted by a 28.6 in dressage and the best XC round. I can't wait to get the photos on here.

It really was an awesome day. My little 29.5" mare, who is also 19 this year, placed 2nd in the event highlighted by a 28.6 in dressage and the best XC round. I can't wait to get the photos on here.
Tarah was an awesome little mare
default_wub.png
: She really cantered a good cones course too
default_wub.png
: :aktion033:

Here are a few more pictures

Dusty Lane Vegas Up In Smoke doing her dressage test:

DSC00519.jpg

MiLo's Willie Be Good doing dressage:

DSC00493.jpg

Willie coming off the bridge on cross country:

DSC00537.jpg

Tarah was an awesome little mare
default_wub.png
: She really cantered a good cones course too
default_wub.png
: :aktion033:
Yeah the cones course was a lot of fun too! Even cantering she couldn't beat Willie's trot and pivots on the turns. :new_shocked:

Yes Willie is definitely competitive in cones - now if I can just keep on remembering what number comes after one.......
default_rolleyes.gif
:

Wish I could have gone this year. My WCMHR gelding would have loved it. My husbands favourite mini, the AMHR mare, Cherokee Stables Ohso Dandy would have loved it as well. Maybe next year we'll be able to make it. Not sure which mini I would bring as I have 5 currently broke to drive and plan to train a few more to drive this summer. :bgrin

MiLo Minis said:
MiLo's Willie Be Good doing dressage:
DSC00493.jpg
All your horses look fantastic! I like Willie's turnout the best but then again I'm a sucker for a chestnut horse put to a black wooden cart. I also like Willie himself, he's quite the looker. He reminds me of a handsomer version of someone I know....

DSC02294.jpg

I can't imagine why, can you?
default_whistling.gif
: I can't find the older picture I'm thinking of where they really look alike so this is the closest I could find in the pictures from Happ's this weekend. Breanna took it during cones.

Leia

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh they do look a lot alike Leia!!! Although in reality I bet your boy is a lot prettier than Willie. He is really not terribly well put together with his big head, long back and ewe neck but he has such character and presence that he is just the handsomest thing going in my mind and I LOVE a chestnut!!! I would really like to see and hear more of your Happ's experience!

Latest posts

Back