Driving Bridle Tear drop???

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Southern_Heart

Reaction score
Ok folks, I have been all over the net trying to find just the tear drop that fits on the driving bridle and it lays down on the forehead of the horse. Decoration!

I can find bridles with them but gosh I don't want to have to buy the whole bridle just to get the tear drop. :eek:

I found one but it was sort of cheap looking,
default_sad.png
I don't want cheap looking!!
default_unsure.png
:

Any one please know where I can get just the tear drop?

Thank ya much! :saludando:

Joyce

I know Mini Expresses show bridles has them, but yet again you don't want the whole bridle lol. I think its neat looking though.

I think your problem is going to be that these are typically sewn into the crown piece, not a seperate item. You may want to contact a good harness make to see if they can do this for you rather than a standard dealer.

i THINK it was the mini express booth at nationals had them. they just buckle in under the blinder buckle at the crown of the bridle. I think they were like $13.00.

I don't remember ever having seen a harness with the teardrop sewn in... you can buy about every separate piece of harness from Smuckers(and, I imagine, about every other top quality harness maker); it buckles in under the blinder support, and can be removed. However, there would have to be a buckle on the crownpiece to 'receive' the tip of the teardrop strap(which, with all of the quality harness I have seen, there IS, because the blinder supports also buckle in). Depending on where your harness came from, it might also be possible to buy a new crownpiece, made to accomodate the teardrop, along with the teardrop itself. If all the strap widths, leather, and buckles match up, you might even be able to buy a crownpiece, including teardrop, from Smuckers, and add it to your existing bridle-you can google for their website, and check it out yourself.

Margo

I bought a browband a couple of years ago from Robinson Harness that had the teardrop built into the browband. I think it was less than $10.

-Amy

Thanks,

I'll try all the ones you have givin me and see what happens!

Its just one of them things that ya know... gotta have!! :lol:

Thanks again

Joyce :saludando:

Latest posts

Back