Drivers, I'll bet this harness isn't on right

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
This is one of our friendly neighborhood drivers.

He stopped by out in front on Easter to say hello and get his mules de-wormed. We often trade things

like that but I always make out good because

he'll give me some home grown veggies from his garden all summer long in exchange.

He has an abundance of inventions of wagons that he uses for his mules to pull but this time

he outdid himself. He did give me permission to post all athe pics I take of him.

They are pulling a GEO effortlessly with the engine and transmisson out of it.

Holy cow. He always asks me if I want to learn to drive them and I'm like "not this time"

geomuleteam.jpg

Well that is............hmmmmm..........darned interesting.........never seen a thing like that before........actually kinda cool in a backwoods sorta way
default_wink.png
: :bgrin :bgrin oh and that geo doesn't weigh much even with an engine and transmission....ahem....I know I had to push mine out of the middle of a busy intersection when it died once............then when the engine went out before we replaced it...hubby and I often pushed the silly thing around the driveway to get it out of the way............and I am a total weeney
default_wink.png
:

I love his mules...we have lots of mules around here .......I've seen them pulling haywagons but never a geo
default_wink.png
:
default_wink.png
:

Marty

Gotta love the ingenuity and the mules do look well cared for. You should try driving them I bet you would have a blast.

Ya, use what you have.

Sounds like something the Mountian boys would do! Pretty neat!

Hey I really would fit in with my hilbilly express :bgrin I think it is really cool, I'd jump all over the chance to drive those mules; they look like a very nice team. I can't see too clearly in the pictures, but the harness seems to be put on correctly, although there are a few items made out of odd material
default_rolleyes.gif
: . Very nice pictures I'd love to come visit your neck of the woods someday.

:lol: That is too cool! With the gas prices going up, he has the right idea!

Thanks for sharing them!

Chris

I love the mules and they do look well cared for!!

Well...........let's just say he's getting better about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is a statement on gas prices for sure.........HAHAHAH

I LOVE IT

Well, I'm sitting here thinking "you know, you could only see that in certain states" and I do realize, I too live in one of them!!!

However, I am not suprised that they were able to pull it without much trouble. I was suprised how much minis can pull on the flat but then I pulled H around in the cart to see, and it really is easy, easy, easy.

I'm not gonna stop til you drive a mini, Marty! I just know you'll love it!!!

:aktion033: Totally cool!! :aktion033: And I agree with it being a good idea with gas prices as they are. It would be cool if you could get him on your local news! Heck....I can just picture him being on GMA too!!

Now that is a different take on a car's "horse power"...er...uh..."mule power"! lol :risa_suelos:

COOL!!!!!!!! :aktion033:

We have a guy here, who took an old VW van, and converted it...he even sits inside, and the reins are passed through a slot he made under the windsheild. See...here...in our neck of the woods, the guys are smart enough to get in outta the rain.
default_rolleyes.gif
: :lol: Oh, and he uses Clydes...

They look good to me- is he responding to your gentle suggestions??

If so, keep up the good work, I can only imagine how careful you have to be, but the harness fits and they are looking through their bridles in an intelligent, comfortable way, I would say they are contented mules, alright.

One thing you could work on, if he is open to it, is get him to slacken off the check rein- it is too tight and you can see they can't get their heads down where they would want to to pull properly.

Not worth causing trouble over, but it is doing neither the mules nor him any favours.

I'd LOVE to have a vegetable seller like that!!
default_yes.gif
:

That just put redneck a whole different level.

You need to send that one to Jeff Foxworthy and have him put that on his show when they show redneck pics.

:lol: :lol:

Too Funny!

Latest posts

Back