DRAYTON FAIR

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Amy

Reaction score
Just a note to let everyone know that the DRAYTON FAIR sanctioned show is being held at the Drayton Fairgrounds on SUNDAY August 9th . Measuring starts at 7:30 -- show starts at 9:00 am .

Judge is MARVIN McCABE

Stewart is Bud Stephenson

IF -- anyone has questions please call Dianne Shieck - show manager - 519 -848- 5329

Dianne just got her show package from AMHR the end of last week -- so nothing has been finalized or printed yet.

( Saw on another thread from midnight star stables that she heard it was cancelled.) NOT TRUE .

show is on as usual -- only it is on SUNDAY rather than on Saturday this year.

Hope to see many of you there.

YEAH Dianne!!!

Glad to hear that it is still on!!! We will be there for sure and also hoping for drier weather this year - more like all the other years!!! Had a great show last year despite the weather though!

LOL -- The terrific attitude of the exhibitors (and the judge) made last years show so memorable.

I can remember thinking "Oh -- I sure hope Lori's hat doesn't get wrecked.

John's leather one shrunk a bit LOL

default_saludando.gif
default_saludando.gif
see you all there !!

I don't think I get that wet in a pool! It was raining so hard I couldn't see 3 feet in front on the cart and I was be on soaked from head to toe
default_rolleyes.gif
It sure was a show for the books... And hopefully we had enough rain there last year to give us sunny weather for the next 10 years! LOL
default_laugh.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm hoping for better weather this year as well. I remember thinking that I should put on a dry jacket for the next class and then thought "why the heck should I get another jacket soaked?"
default_doh.gif

And it sure makes it easier for the judges when the horses aren't all hunched up and shivering.
default_laugh.png

I was in my cart when that WALL of rain hit us and it sure spooked Dream!!! I don't think I have ever gotten that wet at a show and yet still been able to carry on for quite a while. The judge was totally awesome with his attitude - it had to have been tough to mark his cards when they were soaking wet even while he was holding an umbrella!
default_laugh.png

For those interested -- Marvin Subbert was the judge & he was AWESOME !!

Latest posts

Back