MAMHC Meeting & CDE Demo this Sunday 3/22/2009

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Connie Ballard

Reaction score
WELCOME SPRING!!!!

The Mid-America Miniature Horse Club (MAMHC) March meeting will be held this coming Sunday, March 22, 2009 at Cherokee Stables, just west of Dayton, Ohio. Everyone is invited! Bring chairs and a covered dish (see it'll be fun...we'll have food!
default_aktion033.gif
Here's what we're doing:

11:00 MAMHC Meeting (dont have to be a member...you can sit in too)

12:00 Potluck - I've got couple big trays of lasagna, lemonade, coffee & fruit...please bring a side dish, snacks or sodas if you prefer them over lemonade & coffee.

1:00 CDE Demonstration - Becky Buchroeder who is an avid CDE Competitor, driving her Morgan

EDITED TO ADD: Please bring lawn chairs

The weather forecast is sunny and 60 for Sunday. We have an indoor arena where we will have our meeting and see training techniques for starting your CDE horse (good tips for all kinds of driving actually). We also have a CDE Course set up on our driving track so we will get to see Becky work her horse through a course.

Cherokee Stables is easy to get to from I-70 or I-75...about 12 miles from either highway. You can run a MapQuest or print these directions...we've used them for years with our clinics and they are the easiest....sometimes MapQuest takes people long painful backroads...lol this is the fastest from either direction:

DIRECTIONS FROM I-75

-Take I-75 to SR35 West.

-Go about 6 miles

-Turn left following the “SR35 West” signs towards Eaton.

-Go about 7 miles till you see the water tower on the left side of the road. Turn left onto Fuls Road.

-Go 2 miles to first road on right, turn right on Eagle Road

-We are the 4th house on the right, with split rail fence and beige arena

Directions: VIA I-70

-Take I-70 to Exit 21 Brookville, Ohio

-Go south on Arlington Road

-At the end of the road, turn left on Westbrook Road

-THEN, turn right immediately at the first road, Brookville-Johnsville Rd

-Go south about 9 miles till this road ends onto SR#35

-Turn right on SR #35 THEN immediately turn left at the first road which is Johnsville-Farmersville Road

-Go 2 miles to the first road on left, turn left on Eagle Rd

-Follow Eagle Road through the 2 curves and continue till you see a split rail fence & beige arena on left side of the road

PHONE if you have any problems finding us...937-687-3745 or my cell 937-416-4642

QUESTIONS: Email me at [email protected] or www.cherokeestables.com

ALSO...remember Equine Affaire is coming up April 2,3,4 and 5th at the Ohio State Fairgrounds, Columbus, Ohio. MAMHC will have a booth so if you cant make the meeting this weekend...stop in to visit MAMHC at Equine Affaire. The Miniature Horse Breed Demo is Saturday, April 4th at 11:00 a.m.

Time to get out and enjoy the weather and these great little horses we all love!

Connie & Tim

Cherokee Stables Engraving

12221 Eagle Road

New Lebanon, OH 45345

Farm: 937-687-3745 Cell: 937-416-4642

Last edited by a moderator:
Lily and I will be there, and maybe Libby if Paul can mare watch.

Another friend who hasn't been active with minis for many years is thinking of coming so I will send your posting to her. She is the person who got us started in minis way back in the early 80's.

She has three books on horses published and is working on a new one, very exciting, which will be a great book for those attending the WEG in 2010. It describes each of the disciplines that will be seen there, with pictures, what the judging criteria is, along with some entertaining 'trivia' and history. I am hoping she gets sponsors for the book so I can get one!

Sure hope to see lots of you guys there!

Latest posts

Back