Drawfism in Irish Minis

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

horsesmakeubroke

Reaction score
It has recently been said there is no problem with dwarfism in Irish minis. Sadly this is not true. As an Irish judge of miniature horses, I have seen dwarf characteristics, some severe, in EVERY show i've ever judged in this country. I am aware many of the owners of faulty horses bought them in good faith, believing them to be correct.

For obvious reasons I cannot and will not reveal the full extent of the problems in this country with regard to personal vendettas, some highly malicious, slander, gossip and other mischief making perhaps for profitable reasons. Suffice to say I naively thought I could make a difference by helping to educate owners and so improve the breed. The truth, it would appear, is that a small minority of mostly commercial owners would prefer it if faults were not pointed out. Whilst trying so hard to remain unbiased, accusations and suggestions have been flaunted under my nose like a red rag to a bull and I have wrongly allowed myself to be drawn in by manipulative and provocative posts that I should have ignored.

I have enjoyed this forum and made some long term friends and learned lots of useful information. It is a shame that such a small minority of people spoil things for others.

I shall not be around to be annoyed by those red rags anymore. The negative energy created by that small minority is not productive. Those of you who know me, know where to contact me and I look forward to seeing some of you at the conformation seminar on the 26th. I bid you all farewell and happy horsing!

Kate Jackson

ISA Panel Judge of In Hand Horses & Ridden Hunters

in response to your post Kate,

it is well known that you have only judged 4 miniature horse classes, giving 1st to the same person everytime
default_yes.gif
: .

and it is now known that since she has left the Irish Miniature Horse & Shetland Pony Society because in our opinion she wasnt re-elected as a director (thats democray for you), that the 2 of you are now setting up the Irish Miniature Horse Register together.

it is with great sadness that 99.9% of us miniature horse owners & breeders can get along very well but there always has to be 1 :no:.

when a breeder goes around bragging about 100% american breeding (yet their horses dam was hardshiped in to the AMHA) it is just a bare face lie, as 100% american breeding is a whole lot different to 100% registered, as it has been discussed here on the forum by her, thats what stud books are for, so you can trace the breeding. And will also not provide pedigree or registration numbers to anyone that has used her stallion or has bought some of his off spring (not necessarily from her).

As an Irish Shows Association approved judge, i would have thought that there were rules about judges and exhibitors having any links but you continually link yourself with her.

It is with great shame that it has come to this but being a breeder/exhibitor is a very responsible task and when people repeatedly mislead the public they slander every other owner in the country when it is just not true.

There is NO problem with dwarfism in Ireland, and the breeder in question admitted herself that she has breed dwarves (which she admitted at the AGM).if you do a search on Flyte200 on this forum (she is a teenager who lives across the road from her) she has asked for advice on how to best look after her dwarf given to her by her good friend.

So it is simply a fact that the lies have been found out and now a stop has to be put to them.

Although you may not what to admit the truth you cant see the wood for the trees.

Irish Miniatures have taken a bad wrap this year, which is unjust, as people have gone to alot of expense and trouble to import horses both from USA,UK and Europe, so is it a case of the competition is getting tougher? IF you cant stand the heat etc etc.

This breeder has even gone to the trouble of writing to the chairperson of one of the English societies saying that she is the only true owner/breeder of minis in Ireland and that the rest of us buy from dealers (which she does herself to) and have bad conformation in anything that we own.

Not very nice.

So Kate my advice to you is maybe you need to be informed of the whole picture before you pledge your alligance and do some research on what ive said yourself, its all known and proveable facts.

Just one last thing, i dont understand why you are so defensive about things asked on this forum? You dont own or have ever owned miniatures so whats the big deal to you?

Im fed up with Irish Miniatures being promoted as misfits

Moody Mare

Last edited by a moderator:
Please let us not have this deteriorate into yet another slanging match.

The facts are that Kate, for some unfathomable reason, seems to think there is a problem with dwarfs in Ireland, and the rest of us know that there is not.

Everyone is entitled to their opinions but, since none of the rest of you are going to be judged by Kate ever again, this is not going to be a problem.

Now, please, can we just let it rest.??

Kate I wish you the very best of luck with your new venture.

I know nothing about the horses in Ireland

All i now is dwarfism is a problem in this breed period all over the place not just in any one country and is something we all need to know as breeders and keep in the back of our minds when making any breeding choices

Latest posts

Back