Double K clipper

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RKG miniatures

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can get the blade hinge part for a double K clipper? Mine broke.

I must ask. How do you like your Double K's?

I am so tempted to splurge when I can get the money (You know, after registration papers and vet bills, etc.) I am so tired of my Oster 2 speed clippers; and I have TWO pairs! They heat up so quickly, the heads are messed up, and it takes me forever to clip horses! I have to halfway clipped ponies in my paddock! (Not exaggerating. They are literally halfway clipped with their left side clipped!)

Don't know where you are located but there are several people around the states that work on and sell parts for Double Ks.

One I know of is Tony Fowler - Pro Cat Professional Clipper Sharpening 4442 Vermont

Wellsville, KS 66092 www.procutprofessional.com

I hope he's well now. He was sick last year.

I love my Double Ks. I have an Oster 2 speed also and it does heat up fast. The Ks stay cool because the motor is NOT in your hand. You just have to get use to working around the cord. I still like a smaller clipper for the ears.

I get a catalog from Pet Edge.It has parts for most clippers, just not listed under Double K.I think the clipper head is an Oster.If you look under clipper parts it has photos so you can match the part.It should be on line.Maybe someone whogrooms dogs can helpyou.I love my Double K-over 20 years old and still work great.

I love my Double Ks. I have an Oster 2 speed also and it does heat up fast. The Ks stay cool because the motor is NOT in your hand. You just have to get use to working around the cord. I still like a smaller clipper for the ears.
That's one of the things I hate. The motor heats up SO quick and so does the blade....right when I'm clipping tender areas (face, ears, legs, etc.)

How loud are they? Kind of like the Osters or louder?

EDIT: What kind of blades do they require btw? Ones like the Oster 2 speed do or wider ones? (Color me confused! LOL!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Tony at Pro Cut for your part!!! I have a set of clippers with him being worked on. He has been in the hospital again this year, but is out and working to get clippers back to people now. He thought the hinge was what was wrong with mine. But no it couldn't be that simple. LOL

Tremor--the double k's are not any more noisey than the Osters. I have both. And the double K's use the A-5 blades, just like the Osters do. You can buy wide or normal width blades to use. It is your preference.

Don't know where you are located but there are several people around the states that work on and sell parts for Double Ks.

One I know of is Tony Fowler - Pro Cat Professional Clipper Sharpening 4442 Vermont

Wellsville, KS 66092 www.procutprofessional.com

I hope he's well now. He was sick last year.

Tony is still kicking. He was at the DuQuoin show this weekend and he plans to be there at the Area 4 show.

My Double Ks got very hot and I even had Tony look at them and he couldn't find anything wrong with them. The Double Ks IMO are too expensive for what they are worth so I sold them. I now use Wahl Storm II clippers and I love them and much cheaper at $160. The Osters I hated them, worse type of clippers IMO but I know people on here love them.

I get a catalog from Pet Edge.It has parts for most clippers, just not listed under Double K.I think the clipper head is an Oster.If you look under clipper parts it has photos so you can match the part.It should be on line.Maybe someone whogrooms dogs can helpyou.I love my Double K-over 20 years old and still work great.
Wow, thanks for that information. Pet Edge has awesome prices on blades, better than I've seen for my clipper. I don't show, so only need #10 blades to get rid of winter woolies and clean them up, but now I'll have some good sharp blades. [And, I can try sharpening the old ones, one more time. I'll finish up dulling them today or tomorrow when I finish up with the two boys I head and necked a few weeks ago.]

Edited to add... Just placed an order and my 4 blades with shipping were over $20 less than Horse.com which is the last place I ordered blades (I hadn't heard of Pet Edge before, Horse.com had the best prices of the places I usually shop).

As stated the Double Ks and the Oster A-5 use the same blades. If you use some oil or cool lube on the blades while you cut then I can do an entire horse without changing blades with my K's. My Oster not only do the blades get hot but the whole darn thing gets so hot I can't hold it.

Maybe my A-5 needs work but I think it very noisy while the K's are more quiet. However, as I said I can't manage the width of the blade for ears so I use a battery tiny clipper Wahl (that has about a 40 blade) for that. Also they are quieter for the ears.

I absolutely LOVE my Double K clippers - anytime I need work I send them directly to Double K. They're located here in sunny So Cal
default_smile.png

800-821-9449

818-345-8078

Liz N.

I must ask. How do you like your Double K's?

I am so tempted to splurge when I can get the money (You know, after registration papers and vet bills, etc.) I am so tired of my Oster 2 speed clippers; and I have TWO pairs! They heat up so quickly, the heads are messed up, and it takes me forever to clip horses! I have to halfway clipped ponies in my paddock! (Not exaggerating. They are literally halfway clipped with their left side clipped!)

I love them. Quiet, reliable and easy to use. My arm doesn't get numb from vibration.

Thanks everyone. Found the part at pets edge very reasonable. I will keep that name in mind for blades. Great prices

Latest posts

Back