Double Diamond Sale

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JWC sr.

Reaction score
Okay folks, I just got off the phone with Jana & Garry, they have ask Cindy and I to come work the chat room for them at this sale, like we did at the Tunica Mississippi sale. Again at this sale if anyone is looking at bidding on a horse and wants special things to be looked at as far as movement or confomation etc. feel free to call me or email me with your requests. Before or during the sale itself!!

I will do my best to be objective and give you what you need!!!
default_wink.png

At the Tunica sale, we had a number of folks that needed special things to be looked at, in order to make them more comfortable bidding over the web etc. Hopefully we can be of some help to you folks again as there a lot of great horses in this sale, mini's, shetlands and miniature shetlands alike.
default_yes.gif

There is a link in the revolving adds here on LIL Beginnigns that you can follow to look at the catalog etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are those horses really AMHA/AMHR/ASPC? It doesn't have heights. Some nice horses!

Val the link is http://www.doublediamond.org/catalog.aspx , which should take you to the catalog of a few of the horses. Pretty nice group to say the least, part of them are Double Diamonds which is a dispersal sale and the balance are Bill Humphries (ssp) Vermilya Farms consignments.

Disney the registrations are mixed some are straight AMHA/AMHR, some are AMHR/AMHA/ASPC and a very few are ASPC. As far as the heights we will measure all of them at the sale, so there are no questions.

Hope that helps and if you need anything let me know.
default_saludando.gif
default_aktion033.gif
default_yes.gif

Do you know which ones are triple AMHA/AMHR/ASPC?

Thanks,

Andrea

Thanks John! Where is the sale being held? And I'm not sure I understand the online versus live auction bit. How will it work with the online beginning so much earlier? (Aren't you glad you volunteered for this?)

Val, there will be a list of numbers you can call to bid and/or you can register and bid on the web also. Either way is fine. Or if you want to call me directly I or Cindy can handle it for you on the phone. The sale is being held at the Double Diamond Farm facility in Indiana.

Andrea, at the top of each horses page after you click on it you will see the registrations for that particular horse along with pedigree etc.

Such is the price we pay sometimes for having friends in the industry LOL, All kidding aside it will be a good weekend for Cindy and I to be around horse people whom we dearly love. People that do not like horse I really don't like anyway!!!
default_yes.gif

John, I'll be watching and yacking but I'm sitting on my hands. After the two I brought home this farm is busting at the seams so to speak. Ice and Konnie are doing great.

What is the date of the sale? Perhaps I can make it since it is just next door in Indiana....
default_smile.png

Are there reserves on any of the horses?

No reserves on the horses that I know of and the live auction of the horses starts at 12:00 noon 08/21/2010.

Prior to that there will be an onsite auction of carts, used equipment, tools (all the stuff you use day to day in the horse business) etc. etc. will be held.

For futher information about those items you would to contact Jana or Garry.

John, don't you mean live auction on 8/21/10?

Are some horses online and others live? Otherwise it seems that the online bidding starting one week prior will only drive up the prices for the live auction (good for sellers, not so good for buyers). Or am I not comprehending this correctly?

Actually I was watching the previous sale and it really didn't work like that. The online auction was really neat and thank goodness I didn't register with a number. Hubby already told me no more! But I am hoping to just watch...hehehe. John does an amazing job and I felt was very honest with the questions asked of him.

That was the one prerequisites for Cindy and I to agree to do the sales for them. Honest answers to any and all questions with no restrictions or censorship. We had a few buyers that were happy with the extra evaluation and a few sellers that were upset over it. But crooked legs and bad bites are pretty easy to see & call and I was glad to report anything I saw to the buyers
default_new_shocked.gif

Little Lady get a number the next time, you will regret it if you don't. The last sale we went to, I was not planning on buying anything either, but ended up with 3 and am sure glad I did. One is going to be one of our herd stallions for years to come. LOL There is always room for one more good one.
default_yes.gif

Val you are right it is 8/21/2010 at 12:00 noon at least that is what I thought I typed.

As far as the on-line bidding it is set up where if you want to (prior to the sale)you can put a maximum bid in on a horse in any amount. Then when the live auction starts and the horse is set in at say 500.00 your proxy bid will raise that to 600.00 and will increase in 100.00 increments as other people bid till the horse is sold to you or your maximum price is surpassed. That way you do not have to be there or even be on-line to pay what you are willing to pay or less for any particular horse.

For instance, I have placed a proxy bid on a certain stallion(no I will not tell which one) at a maximum, price of 3,000.00 which I consider a steal. I expect him to bring a lot more, but if he doesn't I can be on-line and answering other folks questions while the bidding is taken care of for me automatially by the computer which someone else will be monitoring. Hope all that makes sense. If it doesn't then I will try again.LOL

...............People that do not like horse I really don't like anyway!!!
default_yes.gif
OOOOOooo, a man after my own heart. Now why can't I find more people like you. My family mostly thinks I'm just NUTS!

Sure wish I could get in on the auction but hubby already "shot me down" when I called home from Congress about an absoulte "perfect" pony!

I must be doing something wrong, my wife gets her way about 99% of the time. I guess I need to talk to your husband on how to handle myself better, but then I guess after 39 years with this lady it may just be too late for me LOL
default_new_shocked.gif

As far as the hrses being previewed on line, I ask the qquestion and it will be telvised on Friday evening at 7 pm eastern time. Hope that clears that up!!!

After just buying not one, but three new horses....I would be in SOOO much trouble if I even "thought" about putting my name in for bidding....LOL! (Dammit...there is a stallion I want really bad, too.......*sigh*)

Oh, John you don't fool me I know who you are after and I would be in there fighting for him too but I"m a beer pocket book and now way could I get him. I"ll be watching to see how you do. Good luck!!!!

Back