ANNOUNCING LB'S 3RD ANNUAL CHRISTMAS DECORATING CONTEST

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marty

Reaction score
ANNOUNCING LB’S 3RD ANNUAL CHRISTMAS DECORATING CONTEST!

Greetings from the Tennessee CHRISTMAS DECORATING capital of the world!

Or, Greetings from the place on the mountain with the crazy CHRISTMAS lady who is a CHRISTMAS manic, who plays CHRISTMAS CAROLS 365 days a year, who now is bearing distinct resembelence to MRS. CLAUS, AND, who can blow more fuses at CHRISTMAS than Ace Hardware can keep up with!

This is your resident CHRISTMAS holiday gal reporting in for L.B. Elf duty!

There will be two CHRISTMAS DECORATING categories for you to enter.

Here are your categories:

1. Horse and Barn:

This contest will be judged on both horse and barn as one entry. Horse and barn both must be decorated. Decorate your horse as Chrismassy as you want and display him/her by your decorated barn, stall, or shelter.

Anything goes. Use any props you want for staging. Submit your best picture.

2. Horse and Cart:

This contest will be judged on both horse and cart as one entry. Your horse must be Christmassy decorated and your cart must be decorated as well. Horse must be hitched up to the cart. Submit your best picture.

DO NOT USE LAST YEARS PICTURES! AND......do not try to trick us using clip art! That will get you an automatic notation on the naughty list faster than you can say "I'VE BEEN NAUGHTY SANTA." If you want to submit a video too that's great, but a still picture is required.

Here are some general all purpose decorating hints and helps: Sometimes less is more. If you don't have a lot of CHRISTMAS decorations to use, not to worry! Its not how much stuff you put all over your horse, barn, or cart, it’s how well you use your decorations and place them. Just because a horse, barn, or cart is loaded with gobs and gobs of decorations, does not guarantee a win. We are not judging on who has the most stuff. If you can’t get an idea of what to do or where to start look at some CHRISTMAS cards for inspiration. For those driving in parades that is a perfect time to get some great pictures but be sure the background is not “busy” and loaded up with other people and things so that your picture will be focused on your entry only. Use your decorations wisely, make it pretty and fun!

NOTE: Remember that just about every CHRISTMAS decoration out there is dangerous and poisonous so if you plan on leaving any decorations up, make very sure it is way out of the reach of your animals.

ENTRY FEE:

Your entry fee is CHRISTMAS SPIRIT!

PRIZES: .

Don't enter for the prizes. Do this for the fun of it! A very generous benefactor who is anonymous is donating two first place prizes in each catagory. Its a secret but trust me, it is nice, nice, nice, and something that everyone would love to have. There will be a nice modest gift for second place from Mary Lou and myself.

NOTE: If anyone else out there would like to donate a prize please contact me because I'll take everything we can get and make more winners!

SUBMITTING YOUR PICTURE:

On or around December 6, I will change the name of this pinned thread saying “Post your DECORATING pictures here” or something like that. So mark your calendars and be sure to get online and start posting your pictures on that thread and say which contest you are entering. DO NOT POST YOUR PICTURES HERE.

If you are entering both horse and barn, and horse and cart contests, say so and make sure you submit both pictures with a little description of who your horse is and your farm etc so everyone knows who you are.

LAST DAY TO ENTER:

Your last day to enter will be December 13 at 8:00 pm Central Time so all pictures must be up by then. Winners will be announced on December 15 and at that time I will be pm-ing the winners for your home address so you have to be online that day to give it to me! This way I will be sure you receive your gift before CHRISTMAS and you’ll have time to play with it!!!!!!!

HONEST ELF JUDGES:

We are HONEST ELF JUDGES. fair and impartial! We are going to select the best one no matter if we know you or not, no matter who you are! Besides, I'd like to think you are all my personal homies! The third judge is not a member of LB and doesn't know anyone here at all. Your CHRISTMAS Decoration Contest Judges will be:......I'm not telling this year. Yes, one of them will be me, but the other two Elf Judges are a secret and only I know who they are. They are both highly skilled at Christmas Decorating everything under the sun like me so they will be really good at judging.

Ok Everyone. Put your thinking caps on and lets get decorating.

Have fun with your CHRISTMAS horses! GOOD LUCK!

how fun i will decorate Our lil shelter for beauty outside and take his pic to enter. I wont win but it will be fun just doing it all up Matter of fact that would make a great christmas card Pic for sure!!! I will have fun just entering and get my pic to put on my cards also! HECK YES TWO BIRDS WITH ONE STONE!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Working on it! We're back to rain, rain, rain but if I ever get another dry day, dry horses, and enough daylight all at the same time I'm gonna get the cart ready and enter! Seems like we have no parades around here so this gives me an excuse to do the decorating I've always wanted to.
default_wub.png

Leia

Last edited by a moderator:
Going shopping to decorate my new little barn tomorrow! Can't wait!!!! Course, trying to explain to the BF why the horses each needed their own stocking full of Christmas presents was not easy. City boys! :)

Ack, just noticed the deadline. I won't be back in town with the horses until 10PM on the 13th so guess that's shot! Bummer.
default_sad.png

Leia

Latest posts

Back