Donkeys with cows?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdomep

Reaction score
A friend just asked if a mini donk would be okay with cows. He has 60 acres and seperates the weaners in a smaller pasture and his daughter wants a donkey really bad (like I didn't have anything to do with that heehee). These do not have horns and when they are big enough they go to the "big"pasture.

I told him I would ask my donkey friends.

So what do you think?

Dont see why not. OUrs live with the horses and camel. They have ran with a variety of different animals as well.

Ours have run with our cows and they are scared of the cows!! I would just make sure if it is scared you feed the donkey seperate!! Ours would not eat near the cows!! Other than that I think it ok
default_yes.gif
:

We have beefers, but my donkeys have a seperate pasture, and are in with my horses. I know alot of people who have a donkey or two in with youngstock. As long as there are no horns I wouldnt be too worried about it, just keep a eye out so things go smooth as first. Corinne

default_wink.png
: my donkeys and horses are in with my little beefer and so far so good. just introduce them slowly and they should be fine.

Hi Julie ... there is a farm near us that has those Miniature Cattle the look like Oreo's.

There are about 20 Oreo's and a Donkey/Horse team.

I never see the Donk & Horse near the Oreo's...they are in the same pasture but they don't seem to mingle with each other? I am sure if they are introduced through a fence at first they should be just fine
default_yes.gif
:

Latest posts

Back