Donkey years

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilfoot

Reaction score
[SIZE=12pt]Hey anyone want to add up the years of donkey experience we have on this forum?[/SIZE]

That would be way nicer to know than our ages
default_wacko.png
:

Kinda like "My name is Sandy & my donkey addiction has been with me for most

of my life but I really succombed (sp?) to the beast in the last 6-7 years
default_smile.png

:lol: :bgrin

Sandy

I got my first donkeys in September of 2002 so only 4.5 years here... but the number of years might also be impacted by the number of donkeys you have had experience with, wouldn't it. i mean, 10 years with 1 donkey or 2 years with 20 donkeys, you might learn a lot more from the different donkeys? just a thought

I was bit by the donkey bug in October 2004 and drug my best friend down with me
default_wacko.png
: She and I took a little drive "just to look" and came home with 2 weanlings in my van LOL Now we have 6 donkeys with 2 possibly 3 expecting this year
default_wub.png
:

:bgrin i got hooked this last summer when i was asked to sell these two little boys for a friend of mine i couldnt do it so i ended up bying them . and my colection keeps getting bigger . now instead of two i have six. missy

I'LL NEVER FORGET...IT WAS A RAINY MARCH DAY IN 2000...WHEN I SET EYES ON E'ORE FOR THE FIRST TIME....LOL, HE WAS SO TINY THEY HAD HIM IN THE STORAGE AREA OF THE HORSE TRAILER...ALONG WITH WALLY OUR GOAT.

THAT WAS ALMOST 7 YEARS AGO
default_yes.gif
:

Let's see, my first donkey was WAY back when I was about 12 or 13. Her name was Jenny (original I know) and she actually belonged to my brother. This was taken in 1977.

menjenny.jpg

Then I met my first mini mule in 1999 looking at my first mini mare. That prompted us to buy our own jack and we bought Kilroy that year as a yearling. So my "years" kind of stretch over several....... :bgrin

Last edited by a moderator:
OHHH brother!! When I had my stable in Mequon Wisc, that was back in 1968 a friend came home with one from the Ada, Okla sale barn, and he was delivered with some paint mares, for breeding. Well, Elf was the terror form h*ll, so whenever he got into trouble..I would tell my partner in the stable..Elf was his, and the following day Elf became mine again..it went back and forth like that for awhile..until he got out and really did some havoc on the golf course greens...we found him a home! I didnt have any until 1987 when another friend gave me one,at least this one was nice, but was huge. He was a mule crossed with a belgium and mamoth stock jack. I had him for about 10 years and finally gave him to my cousin. Met the miniatures in 1995 and have had them ever since. My years have kinda "stretched" over several too. BTY-Shawna, I have a jenny named JENNY..yup--very original, but she comes to her name and was abused ..I didnt have the heart to change it
default_wub.png
: Corinne

love that picture Shawna!!!

i've heard of several jennets named jenny... and molly mules named molly. and jacks named jack... and even a mini john mule whose name is - LITTLE JOHN :new_rofl:

and it's not her registered name but my big paint mare answers to: Paint Mare. go figure - she was owned for the first fifteen years by a MAN

Latest posts

Back