Doing my own website

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minimomNC

Reaction score
I started doing my own website this year and just recently updated it. Please check it out and let me know what you think.

Thank you

Karen Hunter

AKS MIniatures

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's nice. However, I would end your opening page after 'You have helped me stay on track.'

I'd like to see your logo, centered in the middle of the opening page.

Put all your links on another page with a link button to the left.

I'd put in a 'for sale' page with a button. Also a separate 'sold' page if you have sold horses.

I don't know what the significance of the yellow rose it, but if it has none, then I'd delete those pics.

Your 'family' button leads to animal pics. I thought it would lead to info about your human family. Maybe you could change this to read 'other pets' or 'other animals' or something like that?

You also need to have a 'home' button on every page.

Also, if anyone wishes to save your page to their favourites, it only says 'index'. You need to change that in your html to your farm name.

Does this help?

Lizzie

It's very easy to navigate and the colors are easy on the eyes.
default_yes.gif

If I wanted to really nitpick, which I'm assuming you want or you wouldn't have asked for feedback, here are some things I noticed:

Go into the "title bar" information on whatever website building software you are using and put the full name of your farm in there so it shows up in the name of the tab, since most users have tabs now, instead of the word "index" showing up. Reminds users of where they are. For instance Audie's page says "Audie's page."

On the stallion page, Mercury's stats appear in two different fonts. I'm assuming you wanted just one. they are also in black but Tyler's stats are in green like his name.

On the Mare's page, Lovie has a few different fonts going on. The description for Silk is left-justified, while the others are centered. I like the look of Silk's the best.

Holly and Tate are absolutely my favs!
default_wub.png

Sara's name is in a different font from the others it seems.

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the fun page!

I like the green bar at the bottom of the Memory page. It's a nice "finish" to the page and you may want to add one to the other pages. You may also want to add something at the bottom of your pages that states all images and pages are copy righted to you.

Excellent job! Again, very easy on the eyes and to navigate.

I did make some corrections, thank you. As for the layout, I like how it is but I do thank you for the suggestions. And the yellow rose hold a huge significance to me. The Family page leads to what I think of as family, the dogs and cats. They are not just pets or other animals. The people part of my family is just myself and Samantha. And last there is a home page on every page, just the Memory page says Family but it goes to the home page, something about my buttons I have to figure out how to fix because on my working site, its shows as Home.

Thank you again for all of the suggestions, I do appreciate it alot. This has been fun getting it up and going. I love being able to update it on my own.

I really enjoyed your site and although someone commented on the yellow roses to me they are like a trade mark as soon as I see that logo I think of you ,

I noticed you missed a word out on the memory page ..Id guess its "know"

Thank you Bonnie for letting me Dynamite is happy.

earlier this year I was looking for showing info on mister muy macho I never knew that had died
sad.gif
or that you had him so sorry ,... it seems that youve had more than you fair share of heart ache ,

you have some beautiful horses

Thank you Sue, I love yellow roses but they were Audie's favorite flower of all. So they mean a lot to me. I did do the correction you found, thank you, sometimes it takes having different eyes to see mistakes.

As for Muy Macho, he caught the same virus as Tyler at the same time, but he was more stressed and it hit him harder. While Cheryl was able to save Tyler, Muy Macho died very quickly. We sure miss having him to show, he was so much like Mercury only taller.

Thanks for all of the views, its been fun doing my own website and I love being able to make my own changes and of course corrections LOL.

Im always making typos , my head goes too fast for my fingers to keep up !

Back