Dog problem has restarted

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tony

Reaction score
After four years we thought that we were safe, but last week we had three attacks in our stallion pasture before we knew what was happening. We lost Little America's Kickin' Da Vinci, Little America's Silver Beretand Little America Silver Tornado has a huge gash in his hip. Our weeds are very tall and most of our Pyrenees patrol other places on our ranch. The two that we lost were the youngest and smallest in the pasture at 26".

davinciDSC_1625_edited.jpg

beretDSC_6465_edited.jpg

Tony, I am so sorry this has begun again and sickened by the loss of those precious lives.

I cannot imagine the horror and helplessness yo must be feeling. I know this is easier said than done, but is there any way of building and putting them in a small, heavily fenced night pasture/corral that your guard dogs could more easily patrol? (I was going to suggest coyote rollers, but now I'm thinking razor wire on top!)

Last edited by a moderator:
Tony do you have any donkeys or mules? If not, they hate dogs.

There are no words for such a tragic loss. I just can't believe you're being put through this again. I'm so sorry.

Tony I'm so sorry to hear about your loss.... I can only imagine how terrible you must feel about it.

Unfortunately, it seems that over the last month or so we've been hearing of these types of incidents happening more frequently and no one seems to be safe from it happening to them. I'm sorry....

So sorry the dog troubles have started up again. I hope you are able to quickly find the dogs and take care of the problem.

I had a sick pit in my stomach when I saw your headline........

This is getting stupid! TOO MANY DOGS RUNNING WILD! Your thread is the third here about dog attacks in just this week.

Tony I'm so sorry to hear you're going through this yet again. And to lose 2 of your beautiful horses is just heartbreaking.
default_no.gif

I am so sorry you have suffered more losses. I hope you were able to find them and take care of it. Hoping for safer days to come.

I am so sorry Tony!!! Hope you can find the dogs and dispense with them.

Barbie

OMG, is this an epidemic this week or what??!!!!! I am SO SORRY and such handsome little guys. This just infuriates me to no end that people can't keep their frickin' dogs at home!!!!

So unfortunately does this mean camping out in the pastures again?! This is just crazy. Hugs Tony- I am so sorry.

Oh Tony, so so sorry, hope they didn't suffer.

Thinking of you and your family. Sure hope you can catch these dogs soon.

OMG l feel absolutely sick for you having to go through this again..what an awful loss even hard to imagine the nightmare of one never mind a couple at once..

Tony, I am so sorry for your loss. I pray that the survivor recovers fully. I too am a victim of my horses being attacked by dogs in my back yard. Thank God we heard something and quickly responded or it could have been worse. My little stallion got all the bites, the mare didn't get a single bit that we or the vet could find.

I'm sorry Tony, sure hate to hear you are having dog issues again.

Jan

Latest posts

Back