Dog Costumes fit minis?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilmiraclesfarm

Reaction score
For memorial day I am walking my 2 yearlings in the local parade. The theme is Cans for Oxford Kids. They are raiseing money for kids sports in the town. I have no sewing skills what so ever, lol so I need outfits that are pretty much easy to do. I have a couple ideas in mind but I just don't know if they are going to work.

My main idea was to have them dressed as baseball players or referees. I even thought about dressing my filly up as a cheerleader. But I don't want to go out and buy the outfits if they aren't going to fit. So has anyone had experience with small yearlings and dog cloths? My gelding colt is about 26-28 inchess, the filly is a little bigger than him, so roughly 28-30. They are both roughly the same size as my doberman.

These are the outfits I was thinking about

885924-large.jpg

885921-large.jpg

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions please I want to hear them.

I would think because of the way a horse is build vs a dog that you'd want to go up a size or two

to accomidate the wither and to make sure the armpits were loose enough to be comfortable.

You may need to take in some fabric from between the legs.

If you purchase the outfits at like a Petco or a Petsmart they should have a return policy if they don't fit and are kept in like new condition.

Be sure to post pixs of your sports minis.
default_yes.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I've used dog and human costumes. You need to be careful on what costume, meaning how it goes on, as some just won't work. Human ones worked much better acutally.

Here is a dog costume

c70c6b24.jpg

9fd3a900.jpg

And here are human costumes.

53bfb5a6.jpg

c8316c1c.jpg

2c0aec21.jpg

974e1520.jpg

531f9eef.jpg

ed545d4a.jpg

I assume the dog costumes have a size chart, so go by that but if anything a size or 2 up. if it is a little to small consider cutting it in half at the belling, even if you dont have sewing skills you can still probably sew it relatively loose, and nobody will see it.

Latest posts

Back