Does this sound like a total scam or what?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Franklin

Reaction score
Is it just me or does this ad sound like a new type of scam?

City, State/Province : ALABAND
ADORABLE HORSE FOR SALE.NANCY IS 5YEARS OLD AND SHE IS READY TO GET TO HER NEW LOVING HOME WITH ALL HER HEALTH DOCUMENTS AND SHE IS WITH HER AMHA REGISTRATION PAPERS.INTERESTED PEOPLE SHOULD CONTACT ME FOR MORE DETAILS.THE COST PRICE OF HER PLUS SHIPPING INCLUDED IS $2000.

Contact Information: Contact Phone:

Contact E-mail: Contact: [email protected]

WOW That definatly sounds Scamish! Tut Tut. Scamming is so bad. UGH

Yeah it does look like a Canadian address. She might not write English that well.

I think if it was any other foreign country I would be a little cautious. It just looks like bad grammer to me.

Im in Canada and I've never heard of alaband.
default_unsure.png
:

It does sound like a Canadian email addy and I have never heard of Alaband either but that is not to say that it doesn't exist
default_unsure.png
: Reading it I get someone who doesn't speak english well but I don't see a scam - they are selling an AMHA registered mare for $2000 including shipping. As with any business deal you would want to be sure to protect yourself but I don't see that this is a scam.

I did a mapquest on Alaband - nothing comes up. I am from Canada and have never heard of Alaband either. Email this person and see if you get a response.

eah it does look like a Canadian address. She might not write English that well.It just looks like bad grammer to me.
Going with this thought, perhaps she misunderstood the form and Alaband is the last name.

I did a search on ALABAND and this is what I came up with,

It is a common last name, a web server, and a city in Turkey. Other than that, I couldn't find much else. Has anyone contacted her?

Absolutely- the verbiage and wording gives it away.. also this is a foreign (non U.S.) addie. Sounds like they are digging for more valid email addresses and perhaps will try to figure out a way to obtain checks for this non exhistant horse that they will cash and then disappear.

Idiots.

Latest posts

Back