Does The Minimum Wage Hurt Workers?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They may not limit hay for horses, but if they think it can be fed to cattle they very well limit it. Do you remember when mad cow disease showed up in the U.S.? We are now banned fom selling beef to many countries and then right after that we were told there is a beef shortage so prices must go up. We lost a very large beef market, but yet there is a shortage. I understand that the weather has not cooperated much. Most very large cattle operations are on government land. it is leased to the ranchers for $1.00 a year. I don't remember how many acres they get for that. The cows are rarely seen untill it is time to round them up. They generally don't need food till they are rounded up. Some areas have had bumper crops of hay this year. They will limit production of whatever it takes to keep prices in check. Whether it is oil or food or anything else people need.

I'd like to know where there is gov't land for grazing cattle for only $1 a year; I highly doubt that, nothing is that cheap. Grazing permits cost money per head per month.

Cattle hay is not limited around here, and there is very little good horse hay to be had.

I don't have time to watch the video now (client due in soon and just back from doing a Chamber of Commerce presentation), but I will watch it. I'd watch it now but it's almost half an hour.

What I can say about Mitt Romney's taxes is he has released his 2010 taxes. He paid millions in taxation and millions to charities. His 2011 are being completed now and there's really nothing unusual or wrong about that situation. I suspect many of us, myself included, also filed for an automatic extension to file this year. Pretty routine. He's said a number of times that he will release his 2011 return upon completion but as is so often the case, one side carries on with their talking points no matter what has actually already been stated.

You can download Mitt Romney's 2010 return here: http://www.mittromne.../wmr-adr-return

Charity's important, right? The Romneys donated 16% of their income to charity. The Obama's donated 1%. Biden donated $369... That equated to a small fraction of one percent.

An issue a lot of people are upset about, yet I don't think they fully understand, is that Romney has a lower effective tax rate because he's paying taxes on money he's already paid taxes on (capital gains!). He's not at fault in that matter. He's paying exactly what the tax code calls for him to pay.

Personally, I begrudge no one their success and would rather have a successful business person as President than a community organizer any day of the year.

Last edited by a moderator:
default_aktion033.gif
I am just glad Joe gave something because "you know Joe, he IS the gift that keeps on giving." I had already read the charity percentages of the three you mentioned earlier this week.

And Jill, as far as Romney's 2011 taxes go I will say that after listening to Donald Trump on Hannity's radio program on my drive home today that I hope Romney takes the Donald's advise.
default_wink.png
Somehow I can pay him (Trump) more attention if I only have audio verses visual and audio.
default_new_rofl.gif

Mitt makes a whole butt load more money than the Obama's. And yes, I think he is hiding something, I don't want a Pres that won't release his tax files.

So, 16% to Romney feels less than 1% to Obama? I doubt it.

Romney being vilified for his success and discounted for his charitable giving makes zero sense to me.

That's not a dollar per year. That's a dollar+ per AUM, so like $16 per year per head for 12 months of grazing (if they don't graze a full 12 months then its less). And that link is for 2008, so 4 years ago, I'm sure prices have gone up.
I was told it was a dollar a year. I should have checked my facts before posting. that is still pretty cheap though,

I was told it was a dollar a year. I should have checked my facts before posting. that is still pretty cheap though,
Compared to horse board, yes pretty cheap; but most ranchers don't have just one or two head, they have probably hundreds. And, grazing fees are just one part of yearly expenses to run cattle.

Latest posts

Back