Does she look in foal ?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MBhorses

Reaction score
Hey does my mare look in foal? She would be 329 days today.

She was bred to my overo stud

She is a maiden mare

I got this mare from a sweet friend of mine who is very sick
default_sad.png

image.jpg

image.jpg

When I first got her a year ago

Below image.jpgimage.jpgstud I bred her to

Another photo of her earlier this year

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
She has grown quite large in the belly, BUT I won't say yes for sure. A lot of people say you can't be positively sure until you see a foot coming out. LOL.

EDIT: Is she grey or palomino? I can't quite tell.

I would love to test her someday for gray and few spot also tobiano since her mom is tobiano she has spots on face and private area so she is appy for sure

Tonight

image.jpgimage.jpg

Look in front of the udder

image.jpg

It's hard to say. Is there any way you could take a different photo of her bag by lifting her tail and photographing it from behind? Just from looking at her pictures from before you bred her, she's definitely changed and if you saw her bred there's a good chance she's expecting. I have a maiden due as well in about a month and sometimes you can't even tell she's expecting unless you see her from the front. There is a Wee Foal 120 test you can purchase and it's easy to use. I did that at the suggestion of the nannies just to reconfirm she was pregnant. Gorgeous mare by the way.

If she were my mare (very pretty by the way) I would want to know by this point in her possible pregnancy if she is indeed pregnant. If she is, you need to be watching her 24/7, and not every hour or every 15 minutes but ALL THE TIME. Our maiden mare this year did not get a belly at all, but ours DID make an udder a few weeks before foaling and she even waxed, which our other mares DID NOT do. Maidens can be very tricky. I would either get a Wee Foal 120 test done on her ASAP or get a vet out to check her. We had a false pregnancy once where the mare actually DID make a bag right on schedule (she had been U/S in foal early on) and then stopped all progress. Vet was able to do an external ultrasound and confirm there was no foal in there and we were able to get some sleep again. Good luck!

I hand bred her

Thank you for nice comment. If she isn't she be first one I was wrong about

She don't really like her tail mess with to much.

She woke me up all night last night

Here she is on camera but isn't online for everyone sorry

I hope next time I can't talk my husband to put online image.jpg

Here is my other mare with her colt by same stud he was born Labor Day before I got cameras

His name is Choctaw I sure hoping and praying Gracie has a healthy foal

image.jpg

Glad to hear she has a foaling alarm and camera!!! But we had those - and Mare Stare - on the mare with the "false" pregnancy I mentioned above. Yes, they can fool us!! Oh, and our mare came in heat about a half hour after the vet did the external U/S to show she wasn't pregnant. Grrrr.....

With the changes she's going through, I'm going to guess yes, and it's great that you are watching her so carefully.

She's a pretty girl!! What's her registered name?

PBN Tamara's amazing Gracie with AMHA and AMHR

Sire brewers spots before my eyes

Choctaw is a cutie. Love those babies. I know those of us waiting for foals just hope and pray our mares are delivered safely. It's very hard waiting for sure.

Back