Does she look bred?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

littlearab

Reaction score
I got this mare and her 3 year old filly in Feb of 2005. I ws told by the gal I boguth them from they are bred and due in May.

I pretty sure they fillies not bred, she is very slim and just does not look it at all. :aktion033: I was hoping she was not so this is good.

But the older mare whom I was pretty sure was bred now just looks chubby
default_unsure.png
:

And to top that off a freind was here today ,who knows the mare well. Says she always looks like that too chubby.

Does she look bred to you??

marefoals024.jpg

marefoals023.jpg

If she is the past owner said she ws only with the stallion in June so it May or not at all. So she says.

She definitely looks bred to me! Chubby would be round like a barrel, your mare has obvious parts that stick out, not smooth like a circle but like lumps in her belly. It looks like she's due fairly soon too!

[SIZE=14pt]She looks pregnant to me too.... Lumpy and lopsided usually means baby not chubby.[/SIZE]

Lyn

Well she looks just like my mare and she is definitely preggers, I saw the baby doing a boxing match in there this morning
default_yes.gif
:

So I'd say you are gonna have a foal sometime this month or so....

Maybe I'm reading this wrong or mare stare has really gotten to me but if you got them in Feb of '05 and they haven't been with a stallion since then, there's no way they can have foals now. They would be 15 month foals!!

You and I must be the only two that actually read the post Virginia!
default_wink.png
: I thought the exact same thing! Perhaps she is having an elephant baby :bgrin

Maybe she meant Feb '06??????
default_wink.png
:

She does look preggo though......

Better read again girls,

Bottom of the last picture !!!!!

If she is the past owner said she ws only with the stallion in June so it May or not at all. So she says.

default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:
default_wub.png
:

Last edited by a moderator:
:bgrin Opps/ It must be marestare.LOL I meant Feb 2006... they were with a stallion in June 2005.

So if bred should be due in May 2006.

She looks very much in foal :aktion033: Tie her to a fence and quietly reach around her, like your giving her a hug and feel for movement. You should feel that foal moving, especially before feeding time
default_yes.gif
:

best wishes :bgrin

Latest posts

Back