Does anyone own a memory foam mattress?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great idea! Thanks!
default_thumbup.gif
It definately cant hurt!
Let us know how you make out.. Good Luck
default_aktion033.gif

Love the temperpedic Cloud mattress. It is wonderful. No more hip pain, and is all and more than I could imagine. The only memory form to buy, I heard, and have no regretts.

Lildrummer

Jamison
default_wub.png
Jamison
default_wub.png
Jamison
default_wub.png
. Not that well known because they do not advertise. They have been in business since the 1800's. We bought ours around 5 years ago. It is not a memory foam although they carry several different styles of bedding including memory foam. Ours is the foam encased pocket spring (rather than innerspring) with a pillow top. Back then that particular line had 4 styles with the king size running $900, $1000, $1100, and $2300. We bought in the mid-range. The store where we purchased sometimes runs half price but we could not wait...we were both in so much pain from our Sealy Posturpedic. I have heard from more than one furniture salesman that the foam type mattresses are too warm in the summer and too cold in the winter. I just know we got rid of a mattress we hated and were fortunate enough to find one we love. The pillow top is comfy and the individual pocket spring style give good support.

I went shopping a couple of years ago for a new mattress for this same exact reason. I did a lot of research then visited every place around here that sells mattresses.

The three I would advise you to take time looking at would be the Latex, Memory Foam, and the Sleep Number.

Mattresses with springs create pressure points which end up causing pain after time.

I ended up choosing the Sealy latex mattress with a pillow top. You still have to rotate it head-to-foot and after a few years I have noticed there are indentions that cradle the body but I've read that a certain amount of that is normal and it has NOT caused me any back or hip pain, so it doesn't bother me.

I didn't like the 'creeping' feeling the memory foam gave me and I worried about the life of the sleep number.

Overall I am very happy with my choice, though I don't think there is a perfect mattress out there.

Latest posts

Back