Does anyone make their own show halters?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Little Bits

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone has a pattern to make their own show halters. I think it would be fun to make them and then maybe show them off.

I don't think you really need a pattern as all a show halter is is a noseband and a crownpiece and something to connect them in the middle. What did you have in mind?

Leia

I used to make brow bands using gimp. I made all kinds of patterns (checkers, stripes ect.) I think they would look fancy as a nose band on a show halter. I am wondering where you would get the supplies (rings, cable, buckles and riveters and also the strapping. Any ideas other ideas I welcome. I am looking for a fun project.

You can buy the crownpieces separately from the nosebands so you could simply buy the completed headstall of your choice and then add the noseband for a custom look if you wanted. That's only if you don't want to mess with making the rest of it!
default_laugh.png
I love doing crafty stuff so can't wait to see what you come up with. What is gimp though? I thought I was familiar with most materials after working in a craft store for three years but I haven't heard of that one.

Leia

Latest posts

Back