Does anyone know....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sterling

Reaction score
I call it "pillow plumping". I have no idea what it's called. It's a piece of material you take and outline it with sewing stitches. You then fill it with polyfill and sew it into little pillows or ornaments. A lady in Walmart yesterday told me what she "thought" it was....and since I did'nt write it down by the time I got home I had forgotten what she said...but it started with a "T"....she was'nt sure it was that tho. So if anyone knows what it's called I'd be much obliged in knowing. I want to look for more info on it over the internet but can't...since I don't have anything to go by. I've looked under pillows and quilting and all that without any luck. Here's a couple of pillows I've made....the actual gingerbread is stuffed and protrudes up off the pillow itself. Very fun to do!

eb8c5b58.jpg

eb8c5b21.jpg

It's called Trapunto quilting. I think it has it's base in Japan. Your pillows look very comfy.

Virginia

It's called Trapunto quilting. I think it has it's base in Japan. Your pillows look very comfy.

Virginia
I did a search on this and found a web page with some info about it...

http://www.bayrose.org/wkneedle/Articles/Stitched.html

Looks like fun, I'd done a little of it some time ago, and my mom does a lot of it. I just have to do all my sewing on the machine these days and I'm not good enough yet to do outlines like this on the machine, lol.

Your pillows are cute.
default_yes.gif
:

Yup that's trapunto. I used to love doing it. It's very easy and fun.

THANK YOU ladies!!!! :aktion033:
default_yes.gif
: Ahhh yes that's what she said it was called and I could not for anything remember it!!!

Warpony thank you for the link...and thanks everyone for all the
default_thumbup.gif
: !!!!

Latest posts

Back