Does anyone know wht "parcour" means

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

horsesmakeubroke

Reaction score
We're advertising for a new show jumping groom/exercise rider and I've had an email application from a girl in Slovakia. She says she's jumped to 1.30m and likes "parcour". Her English is limited and I'm confused! Can anyone tell me what parcour is. It's not a term we use in Ireland!

Many thanks

I *think* it just means "jumps"? (so she really enjoys jumping?)

Thanks!

Then assume she means she enjoys show jumping and has competed up to 1.30 metre tracks. It's so difficult interviewing by email with someone from abroad. Thought I'd better make sure
default_wacko.png
: This is what she wrote:

In 34 year old. I started to ride horse when I was 10 years old. I like parcour. Like a junior I had also some successes from show jumping. I rode a horse daily, but I was never professional. I have experience with young horses, I like work with horses - exercise, my max. parcour was S 130cm.

1 parcours Noun, masculine (a) distance covered; journey, route taken; course of a river; route, path of one's career; (Sport) course; ~ de golf golf course; ~ de combattant assault course; (fig) obstacle course

(b) (Comput, Math: of tree structure, graph) search, traversal;

Thanks minimama.... so we can safely assume she's talking about a 1.30 show jumping course. Sounds good!

Latest posts

Back