Does anyone have suggestions/pictures of how they divide stalls at shows

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laura Leopard

Reaction score
Hey all,

I need some suggestions on how to divide a stall at a show for my two boys. They like each other, but I don't really trust them to stay together. I really hate paying for two stalls at the show. I'm looking for a ways to separate them that doesn't require me to carry a bunch of stuff with us. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

How old are they? Stallions or geldings?? Are they worth the price of a stall if one of them gets hurt on a temporary divider?

I'm interested in replies to this as well! Kody will not tolerate sharing a stall with Turbo so I'm going to have to pay for two AND a tack room unless I can find a solid way to separate them. If I had a divider, at least I could cordon off a corner of one stall to use as a tack area and still only pay for two stalls.

Leia

Ive used a mini coral panel once. Fit perfect with just enough tightness to wedge in.

I'm interested in replies to this as well! Kody will not tolerate sharing a stall with Turbo so I'm going to have to pay for two AND a tack room unless I can find a solid way to separate them. If I had a divider, at least I could cordon off a corner of one stall to use as a tack area and still only pay for two stalls.

Leia

Leia,

When you are talking about two BOYS, you're better off getting two stalls. We used to try the stall dividing and it never was very successful. So we ended up getting separate stalls and if we had multiple horses, sometimes we lucked out with having same sex horses (GIRLS) that got along without dividing.

And YES, if your horse is accommodating, splitting the stall with a goat panel, having the other half as a tack area is a great savings. However! If you need a tack area for personal needs, ie - changing show clothes? That's a problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the replies. Both of my boys are geldings,and they seem to like each other, but I keep them separate at home since one is a halter horse and I don't want him getting "play" wounds. I think they would be fine together at a show, but I would feel better with a split stall if possible. I like the idea of a mini round pen pannel.

Laura

Latest posts

Back