Do your horses care what you wear?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mrsj

Reaction score
My Raffles today was greatly offended by my choice of clothing and refused to be led around by me whilst wearing white trousers
default_no.gif
(me not him lol). I couldn't work out why he was being so odd, then I thought it may be my trousers - changed into black ones and he was fine!

Do your minis have likes and dislikes about your attire?

Not style and colors... but ours all prefer that we wear SHOE LACES (not Muck boots, which is what we wear all the time), velcro, and toggles on elastic cords.

Not that I've noticed, but I usually just wear jeans and t-shirts to the barn, so they always see the same thing.
default_rolleyes.gif
Although, they usually look at me strangely when winter wear first comes out in the fall.

The first time one of my horses, Khaki, saw me in a dress, judging from her reaction, she was either terrified or horrified. It's hard to say which!

My minis don't seem to care at all and they have seen me in things I would never wear in public lol, but when I was a teen I had a full sized gelding that would not let anyone with a hat approach him. He was sweet and tractable unless you had a hat on, any hat even a toque was suspect but a cowboy hat topped his most hated/feared list. He was blind in one eye and I always wondered if he came by the eye injury and the hat fear at the same time. Regardless, to enter his presence it was necessary to 'doff your cap' in respect. ;)

Not necessarily what I wear since typically it is blue jeans/tshirt/sweatshirt, but should I walk out with an umbrella things get real interesting.

Mingus LOVES women in dresses (I don't know how he feels about men in dresses)...sadly, he never sees me in them!

He also loves to rip open velcro tabs on shoes.

He absolutely hates yellow raincoats.

Neither Scarlet nor Flash seem to care one way or another.

My guy hates a nylon jacket. When I wear one when it is chilly or rainy he grabs one end and tries to pull it off. If I take if off and leave it on a fence while working, he will yank it off and leave it in the dirt.

My boy Nort

website1002028.jpg

Has a slipper fetish! He loves when I wear slippers so he can try to nibble on them!

And he loves if I wear shorts.....and bend over to scrub out the water tub! Ever so carefully he sneaks up and *DOINK* instant wedgie!

default_laugh.png

I wouldn't say they care what i wear but they certainly notice differences and especially if i unexpectedly go out there wearing "good clothes"
rolleyes.gif

Oh Reo thats too funny! Mine could care less. Just want food, hay, and turn out LOL

Pepper doesn't like it when I'm wearing a hat, but it could be because I don't wear them very often. His goat buddy, Willie, loves all of my shirts and shorts, he's always pulling on them. And if I'm not careful he grabs my hair when I'm bent over to clean Pepper's hooves! OUCH!!!!
default_new_shocked.gif

It has been really hot here this summer, so I went to the Dollar type store and bought 4 lounge type ugly dresses. They are very big and have great pockets. I always wear my "Ug" kind of boots around the barn. My hubby took this pic the first day I headed out to the minis. A nice breeze had sprung up and I just knew I was going to have funny reactions from my "boys."

They could have cared less, until they realized, my big dress pockets can hold treats. Now, my colt sometimes comes up behind me when I am picking the pasture, and tries to pick my pockets, ... from under my skirt!!
new_shocked.gif

DSCN1638.JPG

Latest posts

Back