Do you think she's in foal?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrea loves minis

Reaction score
Daisy is a maiden mare. She was pasture bred end of May until middle of July. Do you think she is in foal? Sorry for the pics she is still shedding out and not brushed :s053.JPG

051.JPG

Definitely and it looks as though she's trying to start a bag. With mares that have had foals before, the little "pooches" don't mean much, but since she is a maiden, that is definitely the beginnings of a bag. Even without that picture, the other one screams "baby belly". Since she was pasture bred and maiden, she could probably go any time. I'd be watching her very closely. Happy mare staring!
default_smile.png

oh I so hope you're right!! She is such a big bellied horse to begin with. I thought she was in foal last year but was mistaken. This will be my first foal so I'm very excited!! Thanks

If I had to guess she looks in foal to me
default_smile.png
I would guess she will foal May 16 my birthday lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
She looks in foal. But I guess she has a least 3-6 weeks to go yet. She doesn't quite look as far along as my maiden mares and they are due June 9th and 10th. But time will tell.

Good luck!

When my mare's bag got to the point your mare's bag is she had 11 days left. I had no breeding dates and when I brought her in on that Monday I said she would foal on Saturday. BamBam was born on Saturday at 12:18am. Please keep a close eye on your girl. I was so glad for my barn cam. We watched her on the big screen and when she did her first push we were able to attend and it was a good thing we were there as she had a red bag delivery.

Latest posts

Back