Do you think he could be used for show?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tobey

Reaction score
I know it is hard to tell from pictures, and black is esp hard to see, but do you think he might be able to be shown? This little guy has just surprised me! He was a furry little thing but this summer he has really, really changed in looks! I think he has just the opposite of the yearling uglies
laugh.gif
He has not been conditioned at all--this is just straight out of the pasture. I'm not looking for indepth critic here-just wonder if over all he might be ok to be shown.

thanks

Before:

4-14-05soldier.jpg

After:

solider7-12-05.jpg

Tobey

that is a very open ended question.

Is he gelded or still in tact? Where and what classes would you like to show him in. Youth, Amateur, Open Halter, Performance.

The pictures you have are very hard to see for sure but yes, I think with conditioning and guidance there is a place for him in the show ring.

Bottom line if you love him show him and go have fun.

You have nothing to lose, as long as you have a good time. I took one of our "older not shown" out just for the fun of it. He seemed to have fun along with us. I think that's all that really matters.
yes.gif

You've got a real cutie pie on your hands there.

I always say that every horse has a gift to give. You have to find your little guy's talent wether it be obstacles, jumping, driving, etc. or just have a great color to show off or a lap sitter like mine. But all horses do have a chance to excell at something in the ring if you train them. I see a child there and looks like a great opportunity to get involved with 4-H as a really nice little youth horse.

I agreee with Marty.
yes.gif

If he's gelded, you have the perfect person to show him right there in that picture.

He is gelded. I have never shown before but we are kicking around the idea of showing him and maybe one other. And you are right--that person in the picture would make an awesome showman. He's my little helper around here
wub.gif

Thanks!

Tobey said:
He is gelded.  I have never shown before but we are kicking around the idea of showing him and maybe one other.  And you are right--that person in the picture would make an awesome showman.  He's my little helper around here 
wub.gif
Thanks!

423880[/snapback]

One thing I might mention, he probably shouldn't be in there without some SHOES on.
no.gif

If he's already gelded I surely would go for everything I could with the adorable child at the lead rope. There is nothing more fabulous than to have the little ones out there. I tell you that when my boys were showing, (they were practically born in the show ring) I had never a problem with them until they quit horses!

I was a 4-H leader for many years and used to do some judging and clinics in local shows for the kids. Best thing in the world to start a kid off. If you can find a good club, get the kids going.

favb.jpg

One thing I might mention, he probably shouldn't be in there without some SHOES on

Yea that is so right because how would you like it if you had 35 year old manure still stuck under your toe nails?????
new_shocked.gif
new_shocked.gif
new_shocked.gif

not to mention every toe I own has been broken......
yes.gif
yes.gif
yes.gif
not a pretty site. (and that ain't no joke)

Last edited by a moderator:
I just wanted to say as a rule, we aren't in the pasture without shoes on. I will have to keep a closer eye on that.

Marty your boys are adorable!!! Something about little boys and being dressed up makes your heart melt doesn't it? Love the hats too
smile.gif

IMO practically ANY mini can be shown in SOMETHING --- whether at the county fair in the games classes --- or in costume --- or halter --- or color -- or liberty -- or obstacle -- or performance.... or any of the other classes.

He is cute for sure!!

JJay

Latest posts

Back