Do you play any instruments?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crponies

Reaction score
I was just curious what instruments everyone here plays. Personally, I play the piano and the violin/fiddle. I can play the recorder a bit too if that counts.
smile.gif
So, what do you play?

Piano, Violin/Fiddle, Mandolin, and Trumpet, I used to play the recorder when I was in fourth grade! I am not a musical person though, I would much rather be with my horses, I decided this when I once asked my mom, ''would you rather me be in horses, or music''? She said Music, from that point on I just NEW that I would MUCH rather see me progress in horses, not music!

Do you use Suzikki(I have NO IDEA how to spell that LOL)?

-Gage-

I play the "computer keyboard" does that count???

No, really I do play a little guitar. I started teaching myself guitar two years ago.
aktion033.gif

I am musically challenged. I love music and greatly admire those w/talent, but there is NO way I could learn to play anything.

My son, though, learned to play the trumpet in school. Was pretty proud of him for that one!

smile.gif

Maybe susanne will sneak in here...where is she, anyway? She plays.....

Liz M.

Piano, since I was 4 years old.

Haven't practiced in ages. I probably stink by now.

I used to play the flute and have one, but have not touched it in years and was not ever very good at it.

I have played the piano....ever since I can remember. I learned the trumpet in high school....and can play a little saxophone, since we have a tenor, alto, and soprano that my sisters & brother used to play (oh and the chanter...I can play that...although listening to it, you wouldn't know! lol my brother can play the bagpipes!!! Now that is pretty cool!!!) I would love to learn to fiddle and play the guitar though! But the horses have all my spare time at the moment!
yes.gif

~kathryn

I've played the Recorder when I was in elementary school (who hasn't?!).

Then for 3 years in middle school I played the clarinet. Unfortunately, I wasn't interested in playing the clarinet at all or being in band for that matter, but let's just say I wanted an easy grade .... I never went to any of the band performances or posed for any of the band pictures.... I also just happened to "forget" my clarinet often too, but I loved the study of music and composers.

I played the keyboard for a few years and taught myself a few songs, but got bored.

A couple years ago I picked up the acoustic guitar and once I mastered Stairway to Heaven I got bored and picked up the electric guitar .... That didn't go over too well. If I had room I'd buy a drum set next.
smile.gif

My main interest is in writing lyrics though.
yes.gif

I play the guitar. I have a Gibson Les paul studio. I LOVE playing my guitar, I practice at least 1 to 2 hours a day. I take my guitar with me on every trip including horse shows because I cant stand not playing for a few days. I'm hoping to get a new amp for Christmas. I want to get a Marshall AVT50.

I played the violin in elementary school and the flute in middle school but I lost interest in them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Piano since I was a little girl, though I am really rusty now I still have the piano that my dad bought me when I was 6 years old...flute and oboe in high school and I used to take voice lessons and sang in choir and had parts in musicals when I was a teen-ager though I was a cheerleader for 14 years of my life and coached cheerleading and dance for 5 years after that and my voice is totally ruined. I still frequently have a hoarse or husky voice and I know it is from straining my vocal cords all those years.

Well, darn, Jess, there's something else we have in common: I've been playing the silver flute for about a million years. My son just bought me a new one for Christmas 2 yeas ago. I can play most of Jethro Tull stuff. (old stuff). I also am learning to play the Celtic flute he bought for my birthday. Good boy!!!
yes.gif

I love all instruments....my parents say i have the gift. Lol I play piano, guitar, drums, recorder, and recently I am attempting to teach my self how to play the Bass. I love music and listen to it all the time. It also give me something to do when I am bored.
yes.gif
wub.gif

Lets see I "Used" to play Clarinet , Obo and alto sax for many years.

The only thing I play anymore is a Child's Russian lap harp... because I am now tone deaf and can no longer hear med to low tones in my right ear. But I enjoy playing,,,granted I would not want to subjugate anyone but my family to it!
new_shocked.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I can play - clarinet, oboe, saxs, guitar, and violin....now I'm not very good at any of them though...no one in my family is artsy - we can't sing, dance, play instruments good, write, paint, or anything...

I started on the Clarinet in the 5th grade and switched to oboe for 7-12, then went back to the clarinet in college (the school owned the oboe). I loved being in band, and sat 1st chair most of my "career". I tried so hard to get my kids interested, but music never stuck, and I was't going to force it. Patty loves chorus and being in musicals and plays, Missy is a wonderful artist, and Chris has a pretty good bass voice. Both girls tell me NOW that what they really wanted was piano...

My entire family plays (or played)...it was expected of all of us, but my mother never expected me to take it so seriously...it was my second major in college and a major part of my life.

I'm a semi-professional (that means I rarely get paid
biggrin.gif
) musician and play alto tenor and soprano saxophone with our own trio (the Keith Hinyard Eclectet), assorted big bands and small jazz, blues and rock combos, and assorted classical groups. As a big band saxophonist, I have to double on at least one woodwind, and in my case it's flute, although I've neglected that instrument lately.

My husband, Keith, is an incredible jazz, blues and rock guitarist and composer (yes I am prejudiced, but as a music snob I couldn't say it if it weren't true...even regarding him!).

Together we play clubs around Portland and throughout the region and have several CDs, including the aptly named Dog & Pony Show.

dpshow.jpg

(We had just gotten Mingus when we took this photo, so he was still rather malnourished and had a very dull coat)

Latest posts

Back