Do you give your own vaccinations?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We always did our own vaccinations, either 4 or 5 way. We used PrestigeV until they took it off the market. Our vet recommended to us to give our vaccinations in the rear too. My husband did vaccinations since he was a kid but for our horses I ended up being the one that did our vaccinations while he held them. I rarely had a horse flinch too much as long as I scratched the area first before I put the needle in. I highly recommend having your vet show you how to vaccinate. FYI we always ordered from Valley Vet, the meds were always shipped nicely and arrived in good shape, nice and cool.

Gena, thanks so much for letting me know! Do you have contact info for Valley Vet??

By the way, about how much money can you save by doing shots yourself?

Last edited by a moderator:
Gena, thanks so much for letting me know! Do you have contact info for Valley Vet??

By the way, about how much money can you save by doing shots yourself?
You can either order from their website, call or ask them to start sending you their magazine. Click here to visit Valley Vets website

Our vets here in our area are very expensive and we saved a lot by doing them ourselves. I looked on Valley Vets site and see they have PrestigeV available again, you can see the different vaccines and prices on their site. Its the vaccine our vet recommended for our horses in our area, when your vet shows you how to vaccinate ask him/her which one they recommend for your area - it would be nice if your vet would watch you give your first vaccinations and will help you feel more confident in giving them. I think you will be surprised how easy it is to vaccinate if done correctly
default_yes.gif
:

Gena, I was just going to say it available because I have been ordering it from Valley Vet. There was a time last year that everyone seemed to be "out of the Prestige shots" and alot of people thought they had taken them off the market. Maybe that is when you are thinking of.
default_yes.gif
: :bgrin The companies like to play mind games with us... :eek: Corinne

Latest posts

Back