Do any of you do the "Black Friday" thing?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacks'thunder

Reaction score
Just wondering if there is any soul brave enough to go out and stand in line for hours for that AWESOME deal?

And if you have what is the best deal you came across?

Or if you plan to whatcha looking for?
default_luck.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't, ever! But I will take advantage of some online shopping deals. There have already been some good ones. I just hate to shop in person, especially if there are big crowds so this particular event is not for me.

I'm with ya Jill! Crowds are not my thing either!! I'm a cyber Monday girl my self!! LOL!!

Yeah Right!

Unfourtentlly I work on Black Friday... in a department store! But thankfully its Tractor Supply Company (TSC) so even tho its crazy, its not crazy woman fighting over toys or electronics or games. Just good deals on feed, boots, and man stuff oh and a HUGE sofner salt sale! Thats about the only real crazy part of our stores, the salt load out lines in the parking lot!

default_smile.png

I did it ONCE. Was at a dog show that weekend, so decided to see what it was all about. I don't think I'll ever do it again...was WAY worse than our Boxing Day shopping (which I also did once and never again)!!!!!!!
default_wacko.png

For some reason, the retailers are bringing 'Black Friday' up here this year....which I don't understand....it's not even a holiday up here...
default_unsure.png

~kathryn

I usually don't because where we celebrate Thanksgiving is 30-45 minutes into "town." However Joann's Fabric is having a awesome sale--75% off some fabrics which I want. I hope there aren't too many crazy crafters there, but I am prepared for a long line at the cutting table. I'll try to make an "adventure" out of it.

Oh man, my hubby and I made the mistake of going to Walmart once on Black Friday. We had totally forgotten what day it was. That will NEVER happen again! I steer clear of any store the day after Thanksgiving. If its something we desperately need, I'll pay extra and get it at a liquor store/market place. Last year my husband did go to my brother's job (which price-matched) at 3am and he got a 60" Sharp tv for $1,000. But that was an exception, he knew exactly what he was going for and it was on a military base.

Not lately, but I did when I still lived in CO, and that's probably why I never did it again. Oops, come to think of it, I did go a couple years ago, no mad rushes, since I live near a small town, and I got a purse for a fabulous price.

I've never been out on one and I don't think I ever will.
default_smile.png

NO WAY! I will gladly pay full price to stay away from all those crazy people!

I worked 19 years of them at Sears, now also working at the grocery store for a few hours. Otherwise, would not leave the house. Nothing is worth the trouble of fighting crowds.

No way!

I am driving that day, to work.

I'd rather have white hot needles driven under my fingernails!

Of course, I'm the sort to go grocery shopping at midnight to avoid crowds...

Uggg, I use to be in management in a toy store. It was crazy enough being in a toy store around the holidays, black friday was insane. i try to stay away, the internet deals are pretty great, so i don't mind sitting with my giant sized iced coffee and skipping back and forth between shopping and words with friends.

I don't venture out either. Well, I would if it was a big tack sale but anything else.

We don't do it anymore as it has gotten too dangerous, not to mention the stores have taken all the fun out of it by starting early. MUst confess that years ago my girls and I would make a fun trip out of it. We would load the back seat of my pickup with folding chairs, sleeping bags and comforters the night before. We made a thermos of coffee and coco and leave the house around 1 in the morning. We were always in the top ten in line. The scouts would come around 3 or 4 and start selling donuts. We meet lots of other crazy people like us, talked and laughed with strangers. We always had a plan, since I'm the oldest, I would grab a cart as soon as the store opened and park by the registers, the girls would do the running, and get the tthings we wanted, usually toys for the kids, load up my cart and we were usually in and out of the store before the end of the line, around 15 minutes. Then we would drive to the mall to get a free decoration from JCP, no shopping there, but turn around and go to toys r us, that is were we stood in line the longest. We were always home before the guys woke up, and fixed the whole bunch a big breakfast. Believe it or not it was fun.

Latest posts

Back