Do any of these mares look PREGO to you?????

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

love_casper

Reaction score
Hello everybody!!!! figured i hadn't posted many pics of my munchkins in a while, so here's some to look at.

Princess was bred this summer and took, but i don't know if she's still in foal. Sugar i think was bred this summer to the same stud, i have no idea if she took. And Ghost is not pregnant and will never be, she's just fat. lol. And Charm is a puff-ball blimp! but a colt, so no charmie foals. :bgrin As soon as i gather up enough $ to get a blood test, ill get one done on princess. but if i tried to pull blood from Sugar, she'd have my head!
default_wacko.png
:

SO....do either Princess or Sugar look prego to you??????? They were bred somewhere between August 8th and 10th. (to the best of my knowledge anyways, as they were not in my possession at the time). pics taken this afternoon:

Here is i-hope-she's-pregnant-Princess side veiw.

GuessWhosPrego003.jpg

Here is i-think-shes-pregnant-Sugar

GuessWhosPrego004.jpg

and

GuessWhosPrego010.jpg

and just for comparison, as they are all fed exactly the same, un-pregnant-Ghost!

GuessWhosPrego002.jpg

now for the front/back shots!

i-hope-she's-pregnant-Princess

GuessWhosPrego009.jpg

GuessWhosPrego006.jpg

i-think-shes-pregnant-Sugar

GuessWhosPrego011.jpg

GuessWhosPrego012.jpg

(excuse the filth on her back there, she wont let me wash her tail or legs, and she rolled in muck
default_rolleyes.gif
: )

And here is oh-GAWD-he-looks-pregnant-CHARM!!!!! (not to worry, more than half of that is fur. if you pet his belly, your whole hand and wrist disspear!!!!)

GuessWhosPrego014.jpg

GuessWhosPrego013.jpg

Thanks for looking! so, which one, if any, do you think are in foal? my moneys on charm!
default_wink.png
:

i'll let you know after Prinny's blood test. THANKS!
default_yes.gif
:
default_wub.png
:
default_yes.gif
:

***oh, and if pics from a few months ago or even this summer would help to show how much they have gotten bigger, im happy to post some! thanks again in advance for you opinions! ***

Last edited by a moderator:
Your Black and White girl looks like she may be in foal. Princess I am not so sure about. If she is a maiden mare it is possible that she is in foal but wont show until closer to her foal date (maybe 7.5-8 months).

Sorry I can't be any more help.

Carolyn

thanks!!! i guess i should mention this is princess's 4th foal, and i believe sugar's 5th.

cool, thanks for the reply
default_yes.gif
:

IMO ... black and white one looks preg other one does not ...

but then I could show you a pic of a girl that looks like she is having twins and

has never been bred !!! <G>

Yes, me too. I think Sugar is. Not so sure about Princess though- I'll cross my fingers for you. I love her color.
default_yes.gif
:

Alex,

I do "think" Sugar looks pregnant but then it is soooo hard to tell. Not sure about Princess.
default_unsure.png
:

I have mares that I am sure are pregnant and they are NOT and last year I had a mare that I "knew" was NOT pregnant and she had a foal.
default_wacko.png
:

Of course then there is your furry little Charm - he is just adorable
default_wub.png
: and it looks like he knows it, too!!

Ghost looks great! She looks so content and happy! I am so glad that you have her!!
default_yes.gif
:

Your horses look very nice, I'd say the bl and wh looks the most pregnant, I hope you get a couple foals too. You didn't ask for this advice but here it is anyway. I wouldn't waste my money on the blood test, it's very inaccurate. VERY! If you really want to know, get them palpated or ultrasounded or else just wait and see.

I think Sugar might be......not sure about Princess.

BTW, I noticed your Princess really looks a lot like my Fannie in my Avatar.
default_wub.png
: I just love her looks! I hope she is in foal for you
default_yes.gif
:

Alrighty, that's 7 votes for sugar! yay. well i'll go with the assumption that she is in foal.
default_wub.png
: lucky me! all the other foals of hers i have seen are black-based pinto fillies, so i can wait to see what we get!!!!

On Princess, i guess we'll just have to wait and see. she's hard to get a good pic of, as she's so IN YOUR FACE you can't really get a decent side angle. i swear i feel little flitter-flutter, but maybe its just indigestion.
default_wink.png
: lol.

Of course then there is your furry little Charm - he is just adorable and it looks like he knows it, too!!Ghost looks great! She looks so content and happy! I am so glad that you have her!!
awe thanks donna!!!
default_cheekkiss.gif
:

BTW, I noticed your Princess really looks a lot like my Fannie in my Avatar
oh yes she does! cute.

thanks everybody, ill keep you updated.
default_yes.gif
:

I still think Sugar is the one in foal.
default_yes.gif
: I remember posting a picture of Gracie last year asking if people thought she was pregnant - the response was 100% yes. And guess what? She was 100% NOT pregnant - she was just plain ol' fat!!! :lol:

Liz R

:aktion033: HI ALEX !!

While at our ranch awaiting for the transport to his new home in Arizona, the girls were "exposed" by Mr. Happily Energetic & Agile from Aug 8-30th (jumped 3-ft. cattle fence - breached mesh electric fencing). He obviously thought both mama and daughter (Princess & Sugar, respectively) were hot babes!

When Princess foaled out here on our farm last summer, she maintained a nicely trim belly....even during the last week of gestation. Absolutely amazing!

Sneaky Princess, she foaled out in the pasture and SUGAR TRIED TO STEAL CHARM. It was one of the most heart-wrenching horse experiences, trying to "steal Charm back" from Sugar. Poor Princess had a look of absolute desperation at her baby being "stolen". Once caught and reunited with her baby in the barn, Princess was happily content. Truly, this was an extreme example of a mother/daughter power struggle!

Stay tuned, Alex, as foaling season begins......take plenty of notes! Forum Folks are so very wise, and actual experience shared by others is VERY VALUABLE!

Latest posts

Back