DNA Testing

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BanditGal

Reaction score
I've been trying to decide what company to use to test some of my horses and I'm not sure which one to go with. I've heard good things about UC Davis, but I've also seen an advertisement on LB for Animal Genetics, Inc. Animal Genetics is cheaper but I was just wondering if any of you have used them and if so, are they a good company to go with?

I used Animal Genetics for my LWO test when I tested my stud.. Only took a couple weeks to get results via email and then a couple days later I got the certificate and results through the mail.. I have several friends (both minis and large horses) who use Animal Genetics and have had good experience and quick results

I generally use Animal Genetics in Tallahassee, FL for all of my coat color/pattern testing needs. They are a reliable company who has been in business for years starting with avian testing and now equine. The price is right and the results are fast. Usually within a week!
default_smile.png

I've used Pet DNA of Arizona and was very happy with them. However, I went to print off new forms, and saw they raised the prices to $40 for each test! (they were $25). So now I"m going to go with UC Davis. THe first test is $40 but you can get extension and agouti together for that, and after that each test on one horse is $25 so that's what I'll be doing.

Jessi

Animal Genetics, for reasons Becky stated above. It's also cheaper for me to send samples to the States than have them done here (especially with the current exchange rate!). Our local doesn't have the silver test yet, and I need that at the moment. BigGrin

I've used Pet DNA of Arizona and was very happy with them. However, I went to print off new forms, and saw they raised the prices to $40 for each test! (they were $25). So now I"m going to go with UC Davis. THe first test is $40 but you can get extension and agouti together for that, and after that each test on one horse is $25 so that's what I'll be doing.

Jessi
Oh that´s to bad loved them too.

I guess UC davis wil be my next choice then.

Latest posts

Back