"Dishy Head" ... what exactly is that ?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is a little 29 inch stallion, Lucky Four Rebels Real McCoy, a Sids Rebel son. I think he has a real nice head with some dish and also a nice big jaw tapering to a small muzzle. As you can see this is him in his natural state, no shaving or balding, no makeup to cover his motteling . This is how he looks out in the pasture every day,
default_wub.png
:. I like what I see and isnt thats what is most important?

McCoysideBEST07.jpg

McCoyHeadrightsidemaneCLOSEUPGOOD507.jpg

McCoyleftsidefacetocambodyclose507.jpg

McCoyleftCLOSEheadbodyGREAT507.jpg

I think Pyro has a nice bit of dish for his breed (it is not quite like an Arabian, but neither is it the misplaced bump of many Miniatures):

pyrost07h.jpg

The higher dome that tends to be placed above the eyes to me is more like a dwarf (not talking about foals that grow out of it and into a nicely shaped head, it's the ones that have it even as an adult that worry me).

Liz M.

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is my dishy headed mare, Blue Diamond Lil Deuce Coupe "Ginger".I think her head looks so much like Bond Rollback. And, her silver dapple filly from last year has the same head. VERY chisled and oh so pretty. A dish has nothing to do with their forehead, it is a dish in the face itself. And, gee, I have been with horses for over 45 yrs. and have never heard of a cheeky horse as being dishy...that's a new one for me.

GingerColt.jpg

ginger2.jpg

So what is it when they have huge eyes and a "rounder" forehead ? Is that bad ?

So what is it when they have huge eyes and a "rounder" forehead ? Is that bad ?

I think you need to post a photo........It's hard to answer that. Sometimes a "rounder forehead" can mean a dwarfy characteristic, but without a photo it's difficult to say. Large eyes are great! But where they are placed with that "rounder" forehead also makes a difference.

MA

Latest posts

Back