Different Regestries?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mightymiracles

Reaction score
I am curious what is the difference between AMHA and AMHR? I have mini's and they are reg. but need to switch into my name, I keep seeing people talk about the two and I guess while I dont care if mine are Reg. or not I am just curious how all that stuff works.

The major difference is height. AMHR registers up to 38" and the AMHA only up to 34". That is really only the "basic" difference.

Lucy

AMHA is for horses 34" or under.

AMHR has 2 divisions: 34" and under, and 34"-38"

AMHA has a better magazine (imo), showing in AMHR tends to be cheaper. Both have good people and bad. Both have problems and drama (oh lord, if you want drama, there ain't no drama like horseworld drama!) They're otherwise very similar from my point of view. But there will be people who disagree.
default_rolleyes.gif

For the most part they are the same. The only real obvious difference is that AMHR has an over division (34-38) while AMHA does not.

Basically what was said here, but i think there is a slight difference in what is winning if you look at the world / national winners. I feel like the horses winning at nationals are more extreme and shetland in type then what you see winning at world.

you are lucky you just have the 2
default_new_shocked.gif

we have:

MHAA

AMPS

NMR

AMHA

and probably more :DOH! ...but we have Miniature Horses and Miniature Ponies. Some assoc are for ponies, some for horses and some for both....just to keep things interesting
default_wacko.png

Latest posts

Back