Delivery Day!

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ladyfern

Reaction score
http://flowersandwhimsy.blogspot.com/
I haven't yet learned to post pics on here yet but you can read all about our special delivery here
default_smile.png

He looks like a b size mini to me.

I am so glad he is home with you finely.

Take it slow and be consistent and I bet he will

Soon be following you everywhere.

Congrats and keep us posted.

Thank you Rhonda, the man that delivered said here's your pony, totally confusing me. I don't guess it matters much. Whatever size he'll be is what size he is. No take backs! lol he's a sweetie, even let me pet him and take off his halter last night. Jane Doe, however, is absolutely spastic. She's scared of everything. Gonna take alot of work with that one. Is it normal to get up during the night just to make sure they didn't just leave? Haha, I'll be okay, just gonna take time!

Congrats! Bringing the first one(s) home is *always* so exciting! And yes, you do find yourself doing strange things like going out at weird hours to "check on things". Totally appropriate behavior!

I think you said he was a 37 inch yearling so that would make him a B.

He looks pretty good to me and happy to have a home! Good luck with him and little Jane Doe.

And also CMHR didn't announce it yet but we have a mentoring program being put in place for newbies if you need one.

It sounds like he already knows that you love him.

It will only get better.

I still get up if I hear anything outside at night to check on Diva.

When we first brought her home my daughter snuck out and spent the night in the barn.

Don't worry you are going to do just fine.

The people here are great with giving advice.

There are no stupid questions here.

So ask away we all learn.

I had horses growing up but minis was new to me.

So I ask lots of questions.

Keep us posted

I am so glad he is with you now.

"hugs" for you and you little ones

congrats! so exciting =) I didn't know that I was getting my mini (I was

begging my Dad for one, and I had Éowyn particularly in mind) Dad surprised me when a horse trailer pulled into the yard--so exciting! Again, congrats and good luck with him! =) Will you be showing?

Thanks for all the sweet kind words everyone
default_smile.png
I'll look into some of these things. I'd never even considered showing as a possibility. Something else to ponder! My dream for Willow and myself is to plow one day. I have 29 acres and a green thumb and grow a huge organic garden. One thing at a time though
default_smile.png

Oh that's sounds interesting. Let me know how that works.

My husband keeps teasing me about using Diva to haul logs out of the woods.

I keep telling him no, but you have me thinking.

Yesterday

I basically fed and made short visits, didn't do more than offer dried

apples, hay and took Willow's far too small halter off of him. Today

however, I was greeted with Willow's enthusiasm. I brought in Willow's

brush and sat it on the ground for him to explore. I brushed for like a

half hour. He explored my whole face with his lips and nose! Horsie

nuzzles! Oh be still my heart! What a wonderful feeling!!

Jane and I

are ignoring each other for now. She seems to like it best if I don't

even look at her. She'll move freely around the enclosure as long as I

act oblivious to her. Whatever works! We do have plenty of time. All is

well. Hope your week is off to a great start.

Many blessings,

Angie

Rhonda, it was my first thought is ohhh he could help me! I'd be THRILLED if Willow would pull logs! We use only woodstove heat. We don't have winters as severe as you do but we do the wood thing all summer long worrying about being cold in winter. If Willow can manage some kindling he will have completely earned his keep! Cant hurt to think on it. Heck, if Willow could carry my water bottle while I haul logs we're good to go!
default_smile.png

Its nice to finally sit down for a few minutes and get a closer look at this thing. Yep, found the button! I can post pics like I want! Woohoo!
default_smile.png
WillownJane 049.jpg This is a concern... his feet don't look good and hes a wild one. I won him over a bit today with a carrot and an apple. He's decided brushing feels good. I've left his feet completely alone for now. He's just not ready yet for me to go that far but I wanted to show you and I'll get better pics if you want. Just need some opinions
default_smile.png

WillownJane 022.jpg
and you've got to see what I discovered! Jane Doe has a heart on her back, sweet!!WillownJaneb 007.jpg
Anyway... yeah, pretty much enamored with the both of them. Thanks for all of the support. This place is pretty special. I feel truly blessed.

I agree about his feet but I don't know if you will be able to get him

To let a farrier near him yet.

Work on halter training.

We did food rewards for diva when we started. I know most say that is bad

But it works for her she loves food.

We have a Fannie pack of my daughters that had water bottle holders on it

That we put on diva when we go on walks.

She didn't mind it after she go used to something around her belly.

Take it at his pace, I know from experiance it can be frustrating at times,

But you will get there.

I love janes heart by the way.

"hugs" your first horsey kisses. Yay. Way to go willow.

Back