Deleted, locked and edited postings

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neil

Reaction score
Earlier this year there seemed to be a rash of "deleted, locked and edited postings." At that time I talked to Mary Lou - LB about it and I think it is time to revisit the subject. Quoted below is the response Mary Lou - LB posted in response to my question.

The reason that I am bringing up the topic again is that I have had five postings of mine deleted in the last day. I actually sat at my computer last evening and watched two of them being deleted. Each time my postings were deleted I would check to see if I had an email explaining what I was saying that was wrong that caused my postings to be deleted. Each time my postings were deleted I received no comment from the the mod(s) about what they found offensive or wrong with what I had said.

The thread that I posted all five postings in was "Did I miss it?" When you read the following quoted posting by "Connie P" in response to my posting she seemed to think what I said had some humor in it but her comment was apparently not offensive enough for the mod(s) to remove it.

I was thinking the same thing. Maybe the ghosties kidnapped her.
default_no.gif
default_unsure.png
I know the Mods are busy but is it asking too much to ask that when they find a posting that they feel should be removed that they could hopefully find a few moments to explain to the author why they did what they did. I would have guess about the fourth or fifth time that I posted and my posting was deleted that they would have gotten my message but I guess they didn't.

My comment on the "Did I miss it?" thread was short, only 7 words and three smilies. I am sure if I post it here it will get deleted yet again and this whole thread will be gone. Since I want this thread to be read and discussed by all I will not put it in but if anyone wants to know what I said you can write me at [email protected]

Neil asked I remove his post, which I did but reposted the answers to most his questions below...
Hi all.. please do not believe everything you hear.. The mods on this forum are asked NOT to edit any messages unless truly necessary. I prefer they delete or lock if something is too bad to be said in public on the forums..

I went through the mod logs today and can not find any posts in question that were edited.. but I did find out one of the mods removed ONE sentence in a post because it was a challenge to a public fight.. Details will not be explained what was said in the 7 words that were edited out.. but I feel it was a wise decision..

Post will be edited or removed if comment on members horse is in a negative way when they were not asking for critiques.. It is to ward off hurting someone's feelings.. or even starting trouble..

Another reason for edit is if someone is showing their horses with beautiful pictures as we see so many times and then put.. "they are for sale" - we may edit that out and leave the nice post up.. We prefer people use the popular & free sale board for selling.. We just do not want our forums to turn into another sale board...

So, posts are not edited often..

##

About DELETED post..

Topics will be deleted if the person that posted the original topic asks that we remove it.. We always do their request.. Today, I was asked by a person that posted a topic to please remove it, which I did..

Other times a topic will be removed if it turns "sour" or nasty..

Today I also removed a Topic because it turned totally off.. and PERSONAL! The person that cause the thread to be removed knows why it got removed and I think should give an apology to the original author of the posts.. So enough said about that.. as I am totally turned off on what was done in public!

Of course, sales posts, possible libel posts, and bashing will be removed also for obvious reasons..

Please understand, the mods try to keep things civil on these boards and do not remove posts just to get people upset.. This forum needs the mods to keep it under control.. So please respect them..

##

About locked posts..

This is another option the mods have that allows the post to stay up but no more can be added.. Great option to use when a post is filled with great info but turns sour, an argument or whatever..

##

About Moved Posts

Just trying to keep informative posts on the main forum.. Believe it or not, some posts on back porch and picture forums been moved to main forum.. There is such a fine line from what belongs where but we (the mods) do our best to what the majority like to see on the main forum..

###

I hope this helps you all understand that the mods are doing what I ask them to do.. I want this place to be enjoyed by people of all ages, used as a learning tool and fun place to share experiences about Miniature Horses..

My kindest regards, Mary Lou

I'm a moderator on another horse website and I can tell you how difficult it is to notify people every time you delete a post, especially if there are so many needing deletion. You should be thankful these topics are allowed
default_smile.png
I don't know any other horse forums where politics are allowed!

Back