December's book-of-the-month is....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KanoasDestiny

Reaction score
Dean Koontz's "77 Shadow St".

In one week, I will put up the discussion thread for this book. So just a head's up, it will contain spoilers once people start conversating about it.

Happy reading!
default_smile.png

I am now about 120 pages in. It isnt as bad as I thought it was going to be (so far). I'm taking notes as I read for discussion. ;)

I downloaded it yesterday or the day before but haven't started to listen yet. I want to finish out a series I"m reading now first. I hope it will be good... Especially since I threw it out as an option (oooohhhh...)
diffident.gif

I hope it will be good... Especially since I threw it out as an option (oooohhhh...)
diffident.gif
I must be easy to please because the things I heard others complain about haven't been bothering me. I'm only about 160 pages in, but most of the complaints were about the first 2/3 of the book. I think it's kind of interesting.

Has anyone else started it yet?

I decided to order the paperback because the kindle app on my android tab was giving me problems (kept freezing up my tab). I ordered it Wednesday through Amazon so I should get it any day.

Reading this book is not going as quickly as I hoped it would. There's just so much going on (and so any characters), I find I read a few chapters then I have to do something else for a while before coming back to it. Not a bad book so far, just 'busy'.

I'm up to page 354. There are certainly alot of characters to keep track of but it is more interesting than I thought it would be. Very enjoyable. Not taking notes, hope that's not a mistake. Can't wait till we start to discuss it.

Geez, I'm really behind, I haven't even got it yet...I ordered it the day the vote was announced...I did get my kindle app fixed on my tab....had to delete all the updates and just go back to original app and it's working fine now. If it doesn't come tomorrow, I'm going to have to order the kindle version, I have to leave out of town and I want my book!

Ok

I'm going to add my two cents on this author even though you didnt ask for it ha, ha. I havent read Dean Koontz in awhile. He's started using way too many adjectives & adverbs for my reading patience. Does anyone else feel like he's trying to make a higher page count with them? I like his stories but they are exhausting to read. Is it just me?

JMHO

Alison

I've liked the more recent DK novels I've read a lot more than his early novels. His early books, to me, felt like the same story over and over again. With his books, I either am luke warm, or really like them. He's had some books / series that stand out to me as some of the books I've liked the most, and others where I wouldn't mind a refund on the time
default_biggrin.png
I've enjoyed his Christopher Snow, Odd Thomas, and Frankenstein series a lot, and also By The Light of the Moon and One Door Away From Heaven....

He does describe his scenes, over and over again, and he keeps adding new characters but I am enjoying it anyway. This is my first DK novel. Stopped reading last night to watch the walking dead.

I'm going to be behind, duh! I already have the book, but havn't had time to start again. Tomorrow it is supposed to rain, I'll start then.

Ok

I'm going to add my two cents on this author even though you didnt ask for it ha, ha. I havent read Dean Koontz in awhile. He's started using way too many adjectives & adverbs for my reading patience. Does anyone else feel like he's trying to make a higher page count with them? I like his stories but they are exhausting to read. Is it just me?

JMHO

Alison
This is my third Koontz book. The first two (Odd Thomas, Phantoms) moved a lot quicker then this one seems to be. I feel like he is over-describing some of the scenes, so I would definately agree that he seems to be adding things to stretch the story. I find if I read more then a few chapters at a time, my mind begins to wander a little.

Well, it's raining today, not much in the way or horse stuff, so I got a start, I'm into chapter 11. I've read this one before, but forgot all of the characters.

My favorite Dean Koontz is Watchers, I'm not sure if it is still in print, but it is about a golden retriever and a boy, loved it so much! Wish I could find it again, I gave it to my sister-in-law to read in the hosp. while she was fighting cancer, and never got it back.

Sonya, did you ever get your book from Amazon? Usually it takes me 5-9 business days to get a book (media mail). So last week I bought 'Warm Bodies' thinking I'd be finished with 77 Shadow St by the time it arrives. I ordered the book on Friday, it came on Monday, and I am still reading this one. The one time Amazon could take their time delivering, and shipping was fast. Lol.

I did get it on Monday....so the turnaround wasn't bad...I think I ordered it Tues or Wed evening. I havent started it yet though...hopefully tomorrow I will get started.

I decided to start 77 on my way home! I think the other books is to a point where I can pick it back up and remember what was going on. So far, I do like 77
default_yes.gif
just started Chapter 3, so very early into the book.

Latest posts

Back