December's book-of-the-month is....

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am sorry I haven't had a chance to even start the book yet...I eventually will, so for now I will stay away from the spoilers thread. I will eventually get to it but you all will probably be done by then.

No worries Sonya. The threads won't disappear, so even if you don't get to it till next year some time, you'll still be able to find the thread and re-open it's discussion if you want.
default_smile.png

Normally I'm not this slow Sara, but my Dad passed away a few days ago. My Mom's been in the hospital....been doing alot of traveling back and forth from MI to PA (I should of bought the audio book). I just about have my Christmas shopping done so I should be able to get to it soon.

Sonya, I am so sorry to hear about your dad passing. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I had noticed that you haven't been posting much but I was hoping it was because of it being the holiday season and all.

I'm a little less than half way through the book. I've gotten hooked on a TV show we're watching through NetFlix and it is cutting into my book time! So far, though, I really like the book. I'm not sure I'm keeping all the characters totally straight -- and am too lazy to take notes! But it seems pretty deep compared to a lot of other DK novels and I'm thinking it will have a spiritual message at the end.

Lots of things I like about Dean Koontz, and I'm seeing those things in this book so far. I like his values, his love of dogs, and that I have learned things from his books (example -- I never knew about bioethics or how awful some of the real life players in it are until reading one of his books).

Working from home today and since I got up before 4, I'm hoping I can pencil in some reading time (all the better if it's pre-nap!!!).

I've noticed that with his books too. They always make me question things I have previously believed, or contemplate whether something could be possible. I'm always left with questions and deep thoughts when I finish his books (including this one).

I'm only half done too, but I have finished my shopping, have not finished decorating, but will get to it. The weather has been too nice to stay in, although today is colder and I'm in for now and hope to get to read some more.

I finally started a couple days ago...haven't gotten far, but I did start...not sure if I will be done by the end of the month though...normally doesn't take me too long, but I am not much into reading right now. I go through spurts of reading...I will read, read, read....then go into a down time...seems I'm in my down time right now for many reasons. The first few chapters are interesting though.

Latest posts

Back