Dealing with Dogs

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have had good luck getting dogs to back off with the hand held ultrasonic. I have no idea if horses can hear it.

I hear you about frustration.. I had to give up driving this past year because of my stupid neighbors that think they have a shooting range in their back yard and they love to detonate explosives just for fun. My boy is not explosion proof and they shoot for hours on end.

I do know that you can try dog training ideas while you are still hand walking and line driving. Victoria stillwell has specific exercises that you can view on youtube to desensitive charging dogs, the problem is that you usually need assistance from somebody not handling the horse at the same time and correction of somebody elses dog can get you a nasty bite if you don't have any cooperation from the dogs owner.. Too bad you don't have animal control that can help you. I agree almost any dog can be taught respect for horses, my observation after many years of dog training is that most of the problem is with the owner and the owners attitude and lack of willingness to even try to train their dogs.

LOL, how about spraying the dogs with that skunky stuff folks spray their trees with during christmas season to keep people from stealing their trees. Need something that doesn't hurt the dog, but takes the stink home with the dog. If they bathe their foul stinking dogs enough times they might try harder to keep them in. Or throw some of that deer pee stink on the dogs. Hunters use that stuff and it is horrible stink but won't hurt the dog. haha. Still trying to help. I can imagine them feeding their dogs and wondering why they stink to high heaven.

Latest posts

Back