Cyberattacks

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The cyber world will always be vulnerable. When I was doing my under grad work this was a huge topic, how I'll prepared we and many others are. The focus of security seems to always be in one area, hence why we were not prepared for 911. Since then we have been focused on home land security, thus making other areas vulnerable to attack.

In this electronic age, this global economy age, it is a huge concern .

Disregarding my profession, which involves not just finance but LIFE savings, if the "grid" was down, how long before we ran out of fuel in this age of plastic? How many of us keep much cash or TANGIBLES on hand? And for us who do, how long would it last?

There are two frontiers in this day and age
default_sad.png
. Much as I've enjoyed novels like THE STAND, SWAN SONG and THE ROAD, they work best as fiction.

Last edited by a moderator:
<There are two frontiers in this day and age
default_sad.png
. Much as I've enjoyed novels like THE STAND, SWAN SONG and THE ROAD, they work best as fiction.>

A perfect way to state it!

This really is very scary. I know it seems like I go around looking for things to fear, but really, I think I'm looking for things to motivate me to prepare for a worst case scenerio. It's not working, though, as I really need to stock up on tangibles. I'm not sure cash would be very useful in this situation? I guess maybe it would, since we are so engrained to worship the dollar.

Wendy

Latest posts

Back