Custom calendars?

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

babygoose

Reaction score
Has anybody had a custom calendar made using your own photos? Through a place like Staples or Kinkos? I did a quick search online and a lot of places make them, and I am wondering about the quality of the photos that are printed out.

edited to add: I don't have a good printer to print them myself.

I LOVE the ones from Walgreens! I received one a couple years ago from my SS. I LOVED it!! They had used pics from my site, and those photos were resized quite small, so when the calendar was made, they were not the best quality, BUT, I was so tickled with my calendar that I went and ordered personalized ones for my Mom & Stepdad, one for our daughter and family and one for our son and family. I used original pics (not resized) in as many as I could, and not only did they turn out nice and clear, but the calandars also allowed you to put images and special dates in any/all of the day squares in that portion too! I added all important people and pets birthdays, as well as anniversaries, and special personailzed photos on holidays! I had a ball setting them up, and the recipients absolutely LOVED them and complained the next year when I never provided a new version for them!!!! Oh, and one more thing...they were spiral bound so no need to throw away each month, and they are printed on a heavy paper, almost like a light cardboard. BEAUTIFUL QUALITY!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Were the photos glossy or matte? I just had a calendar done at Kinkos and it turned out ok, but the colors weren't fantastic, not true to the original photo. And I gave them good sized photos, not resized, photos.

Not sure what exactly you are looking for, but if it is superior quality like the calendars you get from businesses or that you buy in stores, then no, this is not the same. The photos turned out the right color and clear, but the paper as I said is a heavy, almost light cardboard type and not smooth like the pages of bought calendars. You cannot compare the two types really. For me, I loved mine and would much rather have the ones that I received/made than bought ones, but if you are putting fancy scenery pics or something, then maybe this is not the type for you. Your best bet is to go to walgreens.com and read up on it there to find out exactly what they offer. Sorry I cannot be of further help to you.

I appreciate your input Mona. I don't mind the heavier paper. I just want the photos to look like the photos I took. The colors in the pictures from the calendars I got from Kinkos is just kind of off. Hard to describe. I am having them redo one of the calendars because all the pictures had a weird reddish purple hue to it that the other one didn't. I will be the first to admit I am picky about how my pictures look and honestly, most people would probably look at the Kinkos calendars and say, "looks great to me" and appreciate the fact that they are personal photos rather than a commercial calendar.

Next year I hope to have a printer and can do my own.

Google.... Zazzle. You can make very nice quality custom Calendars from them. I have in the past and have been very pleased with the quality.

I use Snapfish and just love the quality of every item I have ever ordered!
default_smile.png
default_wub.png

Thanks for all the suggestions! I now know NOT to use Kinkos. I took my photos in to Kinkos on Saturday. They had a proof by Monday. Looked okay, not great colors, but I needed the calendar by Wednesday so I was okay with it. I said go ahead and print two of them. Came back later that day to pick them up and one was put together backwards! They put another one together and I headed back to work. So at work I took a closer look and one of them was terrible. The colors were WAY off. So I took it back and asked if they could make it like the good one. They tried again and no good. So they said they would try one more time. I left with a bad feeling that I should have just taken the good one and ran. Sure enough I went in today and I now have two awful calendars. I asked them where the good calendar was. They didn't know and said they tried to make the second one match the first one and couldn't. I said "so you threw the GOOD one away"! At this point I was livid! I have to say it was the first time I have ever made a scene in a business. It didn't help anything, I still have two lousy calendars that I paid $25 a piece for, but I was so mad. Why didn't they just say, "we are sorry, but we can't make one like the first one, would you like a refund on the second one". One of these was a gift for someone who I will see tomorrow for the last time before Christmas. When I told a co worker what happened she said they messed up her Christmas cards last year.

Latest posts

Back