Crystal update [Is she pregnant?] LOL

Miniature Horse Talk Forums

Help Support Miniature Horse Talk Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crystalsowner

Reaction score
I keep posting this but it amazes me how her belly keeps changing. Now the weird bump is on the other side. How can that just be her being fat? Or have a many foals stretched out belly?

Couldnt get her to stand totally still and straight this time but heres the best I could get.

1z5nh93.jpg

2emhi8l.jpg

2jcixid.jpg

2dqrj3a.jpg

Anyone that wants her whole story or to see past pics can go to this threads.

When I first got her

http://www.miniaturehorsetalk.com/index.php?showtopic=134022&hl=

Month after I got her

http://www.miniaturehorsetalk.com/index.php?showtopic=134180&hl=

Week ago

http://www.miniaturehorsetalk.com/index.php?showtopic=134711&hl=

Last edited by a moderator:
Awww. Yeah even hubby who has been a CVT for 20 yrs has been telling me she probably isnt pregnant dont get your hopes up looked at her the other day and said Yeah I think she is pregnant. LOL..

Now that being said. Does she look like shed be due end of Feb?

Hard to tell. I have a mare here who had weird bump out to the side, fat as mud, exposed to the stallion. Filling in front of the udders, not coming into season at all. Scanned and palpated as NOT in foal. Would have been due two weeks ago too. Still not coming into season after her scan, been on diet for three weeks and has not lost an ounce!!! Lives on a dry lot and feed cut dramatically, she gets walked daily.

So don't be too sure she is in foal....
default_sad.png

Well, I won't argue with what you're saying, but I've had plenty of foals born that 'just weren't there....the mare is open'. So, I'm still thinking she's pregnant.

And being two weeks from the 'expected date' this year really isn't surprising. We've had 'open mare' foals delivered almost up to the one year mark on the Mare/Foal forum with many of us 'scratching out heads' when they carry and carry and carry. Then when we're all about to 'give in' suddenly there comes the announcement of a healthy baby! Breeding can be such torture! LOL

So, I remain hopeful. LOL

Hehe

I know we wont know for sure either way until she either has a foal or enough time passes. Its all good. I just cant see her gaining like this on the food Im giving her LOL But we shall see. I dont NEED her to be pregnant. Just passing the waiting time and guessing.

If you have a.set of clippers and she allows it in a relaxed way, you can try to turn them on and massage her belly with them, going back and forth, one side to another. Noisy clippers work best. Turn them off and then place a hand at each flank and wait. Usually (but not always because "always does not apply to horses) the foal will move around. I discovered tgis by accident when I was clipping a mare that wasn't pregnant and her belly started jumping while I was clipping it!

Did you ever hear back from anyone further about her papers? It's too bad since this is a really well bred mare. Cant you get duplicates from the registries? DNA would prove she is who she is.

Did you ever hear back from anyone further about her papers? It's too bad since this is a really well bred mare. Cant you get duplicates from the registries? DNA would prove she is who she is.
I hit a dead end on her papers as far as getting them from a private person. The registry never called me back after I called them a few times and I didnt try them again. Most people told me if the proper DNA isnt on file I wont be able to do anything about getting her papers.

The last person that I could get ahold of said she was sold very cheap so they refused to help me in anyway, even when I offered $$. They were not very polite people and seemed bitter they had to sell her cheap.

It really doesnt matter, because she will never be sold, and if she is pregnant neither will her foal.
default_smile.png
She is quite a nice mare though. I just love her!!

If you have a.set of clippers and she allows it in a relaxed way, you can try to turn them on and massage her belly with them, going back and forth, one side to another. Noisy clippers work best. Turn them off and then place a hand at each flank and wait. Usually (but not always because "always does not apply to horses) the foal will move around. I discovered tgis by accident when I was clipping a mare that wasn't pregnant and her belly started jumping while I was clipping it!
I dont own clippers.
default_smile.png
Thank you for the suggestion though

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back